0.91 Carat, E Colour, VS1, Ideal Cut Diamond on 4.5 size Finger

posted 2 years ago in Rings
Post # 2
281 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014 - Lizard Island, Australia

Hello I have a 0.90 carat, F VS2 GIA triple ex cut. It’s set in Blue Niles 4 prong solitaire setting which is a 2mm band. My ring is a size 7 so yours is much smaller. A diamond that size will look considerable larger on you. Hope this helps x

Post # 3
239 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Mine is an 0.84, G colour, VS1 ideal cut on a 2mm band. So not quite as good specs as yours, but similar. Its a size 6 ring though I think (I’m in the UK though so not 100% sure about US sizes).

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  glasgowgirl.
Post # 5
281 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014 - Lizard Island, Australia

Rhiannamay:  thank you! Sometimes it feels really big and other times not so much. But your finger is so much smaller that I think it will always feel big on you. It depends where you are as well, I’m in the UK so it’s a fairly big size here. Make sure you share it with us once it’s on your finger! X

Post # 8
446 posts
Helper bee

Rhiannamay:  My diamond is a .91 carat on a size 5.5 ring. I believe the band is a 2mm petit pave? It’s from jamesallen.com. I know that the clarity is SI1, and I believe the color is F or E. Whatever inclusions (inclusions affect clarity) there are, they are unnoticeable to the naked eye. I’ve looked closely to try and find inclusions, and I can’t find them at all. Not that Im trying to find what’s wrong with it, but I’m so surprised that it sparkles the way it does and looks so clear when it has a lower clarity grade. I get compliments often on how sparkily it is. I’m telling you this because if you can find a diamond that is a little lower in clarity but “eye clean”, the price can lower significantly compared to a near flawless diamond. Really, the most important characteristic of a diamond is cut, because it determines how well your diamond will reflect light. My fiance learned a lot about diamonds through the website truthaboutdiamonds.com, and he was able to get more bang for his buck 😉 I’m still shocked that I have such a beautiful ring. I love the delicate band!

Anyway .. here it is!

Post # 10
446 posts
Helper bee

Rhiannamay:  Thanks girl! I love it! I never thought I would love a piece of jewelry so much, but I really do! He far exceeded my expectations. I know that you said you will be getting your diamond from blue nile, but if you do want to see exactly what your diamond will look like, then check out jamesallen.com.  They are a very reputable, just like blue nile, but you can see pictures of the actual diamond. Hope that helps!

Post # 12
671 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Heya,

I’m an Aussie too – FI also got my ring from BN. 🙂 Mine is a halo, so it will be harder to guage the size on the finger (sorry). Centre stone is .92, finger is a size 6 US, ring is around 6.5. Resizing is so annoying! Sorry for bad iphone pic – but wanted to try and find one where the centre stone really stood out. 

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  FemShepN7.
Post # 14
671 posts
Busy bee

Rhiannamay:  trying to take a better pic for you! My hands always look horrible under the iphone lights!!!!! FI ordered my E ring – no problems at all. They were fast (I think we got our rings within 2 or 3 weeks?) and answered questions etc. But if you need to send it back for any reason (we got it resized by a local jeweller… he ruined it and it ended up having to back to BN for the same setting in a smaller size), it will cost a fair bit. But other than that, they’re great! I ordered my W ring and FI’s W ring there too. 🙂 SO much cheaper than Aus. 

I also love yellow gold halos!!!!! I don’t know if they do a lot of yellow gold at the moment. 

Here’s another attempt – it’s reflected the iphone light crazy here, but it might help you see size (sorry about old jumper and pillow case…):

Post # 15
671 posts
Busy bee

Better explain, i meant postage would cost a fair bit going back, and obviously replacing the setting for my e ring cost a fair bit too! But that’s because this local guy stuffed it. You get free resizing for a year with BN – should have just sent it back in the first place!!!!!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors