0.20 diamonds or smaller? Or am I the only one?

posted 3 years ago in Rings
Post # 5
716 posts
Busy bee

It looks lovely on you!  My sister has a similar size diamond as you and it’s perfect for her. 

I love the look of <1ct diamonds but only on other people 🙁  I can’t see myself pulling off the look.  

Post # 6
104 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Very pretty! 

Post # 7
8426 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

Congrats on the beautiful ring!  You have gorgeous, dainty hands, so I think your ring compliments them perfectly.  I personally love smaller stones (large ones look gaudy on me), so maybe I’m biased.

Post # 9
3047 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I think you might experience this bias since the majority of the bee’s are North American and I get the sense that E-rings often come with way larger stones here! I have a 0.55 ct solitaire, but all my friends back in Sweden have plain gold bands. It’s not because all Swedish fiances to be are cheap, we just don’t have a similar engagement culture. For instance, you both get rings, often matching bands.

I think your ring is lovely, but even more so that your FI worked so hard to get it for you.

Post # 10
497 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

It looks gorgeous on your slender fingers. Very understated and sleek. 

Post # 11
635 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@Dawn1234:  Your ring looks perfect on you!  I like the smaller solitaire stones.  Glad I’m not the only one.

Post # 12
171 posts
Blushing bee

mine is about the same size and i love it… bc i have small hands/fingers everone thinks its bigger than it is… i love my ring bc like you said, i know my FI worked hard to get it for me and he picked it out on his own so it makes it that much more special 🙂

Post # 14
3047 posts
Sugar bee

@Dawn1234: That’s a beautiful set and your FI sounds like a very sweet and caring person.

I’ll wear a plain, matching with FI’s, wedding band with my e-ring. Partly as a nod to “the way it’s done back home”. 🙂

Post # 15
1482 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013 - Creek club at ion, SC

in europe we dont really do the big ring thing so youll find many people with your size ring. Its got nothing to do with money. A “friend” had the nerve to tell me that my ring looked like it was from the US equivalent of the dollar store because it was big and had lots of diamonds so looks fake (while someone else was complimenting me on it) I dont ill ever fully forgive her for that. I guess she doesnt think my ring looks understated and thus is not classy (by the way 1 carat total weight) This same friend took 7000 euros that year as shopping money in new york

Post # 16
299 posts
Helper bee

@eocenia:  As in many European countries: engagement rings are not very common though it is “getting in fashion” a little but still way smaller (but usually better quality diamonds!) compared to the US/

I love this ring, it is so simple and elegant, would make a great set with the wedding band! If I ever get a diamond e-ring, I hope my SO picks something like this too!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors