(Closed) 1 1/2 hour cocktails

posted 7 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
1676 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

We’re doing the same thing so that we have enough time to do all of our photos in the interim.  I’m curious what other people’s opinions on this are though.  I know that extending the cocktail hour does mean that our guests will drink a little more during the cocktail hour, but we are prepared to take on that cost.

Post # 4
435 posts
Helper bee

I think it’s fine as long as there is food for people to snack on.  Are you going to list is on your invitation as such?

Post # 5
230 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

We ended up doing this…we had a 4PM ceremony and our guests had to be shuttled back to the reception site so they arrived around 5ish…we didn’t want to have dinner at 6 (plus we still had to do some additional photos after the ceremony).  No one was drunk…we served tons of food during the cocktail hour so it wasn’t an issue.  Only thing I regret is that we missed the cocktail hour…pictures ran late (even though we did a first look and wedding party photos before the ceremony)!! 

Post # 6
541 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

We are doing the same thing but for different reasons. We’re serving an “almost midnight brunch” (about 10pm) after a late ceremony so, we were going to extend to 1.5 hours of “real food” and then onto the good stuff…

We will be at cocktail hour with our guests so it should be fun. We’re doing a first look.

Post # 7
455 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Sounds fine to me – as long as there’s food and some seating.  I always wear heels to wedding and then within 30 minutes of the cocktails I’m thinking “oh god please let us into the dining room I MUST SIT”.

Post # 8
1021 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

as long as you give me booze, food, and somewhere to sit, i wouldn’t mind.  Laughing

The topic ‘1 1/2 hour cocktails’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors