(Closed) 1-19-13

posted 6 years ago in January 2013
Post # 3
546 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

Writing it out always helps.  You have a lot done.

Our colors are silver/pewter (I don’t want shiney), navy blue (marine from David’s Bridal is the color of the girls dresses) and white.

Post # 4
57 posts
Worker bee

We’re getting married the same date! We have a lot done as well, but plenty more to do until the big date!

@DEBeachGirl:  we pretty much have the same colors! (midnight blue, silver/pewter, periwinkle/blue-gray [hard to describe the color], black). We chose the periwinkle/blue-gray color because it’s the color of the ballroom where we’re having the ceremony and reception.

Post # 5
546 posts
Busy bee

@Snowflake011913:  Same date, same region, similar colors.  Too funny!

I scheduled a dress appointment for next week!  Exciting!  It was the one thing I kept putting off.

Post # 6
175 posts
Blushing bee

I’m a january 19th, 2013 Bride too!!!

My colours are raspberry (pink) and aqua….. we decided to go with something really different than traditional winter colours…. BUt your colours sound beautiful!!

Our wedding is in Cambridge, Ontario!!

Lovely to meet other January 19th brides!!!

Post # 7
168 posts
Blushing bee

that is our date! ๐Ÿ™‚ our colors are yellow, green and white… I really love bright colors and so it made sense to do it for our wedding despite it being in the winter ๐Ÿ™‚ Congrats to all my 1/19/13 ladies!

Post # 8
529 posts
Busy bee

I’m a week before you guys 1/12/13….my colors are brown, ivory, and pink

Post # 9
180 posts
Blushing bee

@Ashley1281:  Hey we are wedding date twins! My colors are Champagne, Black, Ivory, and gold.

Post # 10
45 posts
Newbee

Hey January Ladies! I’m super excited and anxious for my wedding! I’m counting down! ๐Ÿ™‚ My colors are plum, silver, white and probably some green to make things pop.

Post # 11
11 posts
Newbee

1.19.13 is our date! I have the chapel, my dress, save the dates mailed out, and some decor. I have a cake tasting scheduled tomorrow as well as tour our reception center so that can be booked as well. I just completed our website but I will update with more photos in the coming mnths. Our colors are navy, chartreuse, and pewter!

Post # 12
16 posts
Newbee

Hello ladies, I’m a January 19th 2013 bride too! Only engaged in mid-July this year so it’s a bit of a rush – I just REALLY wanted a winter wedding! Our colours are electric/cobalt blue with a pop of bright yellow somewhere. So far arranged my shoes, the church, my dress (in that order!) and finally think I’ve found a style for the bridesmaids dresses. So much to do, still no venue yet. I think panic will set in soon…

How much time have you all had to plan your wedding?

Am I mad to try for less than 4months??

Post # 13
342 posts
Helper bee

I’m a bit late joining the thread but I’m also getting married on January 19, 2013.  We’ve done a fair bit already but have quite a bit left.  Here’s my listing:

Done:

– venue booked

– minister booked and readings selected

– photographer booked

– booked baker for the cake and purchased cake topper / knife set

– purchased my dress, it is currently being altered

– winter wedding cape purchased

– DJ booked

– hair & makeup booked

– wedding bands purchased

– invites mailed

– venue booked for Friday dinner with immediate family

To Do:

– music selections

– new suit for the groom

– book a florist

– decor

– hotel gift bags

– thank you give-aways (planning to make hot chocolate cones)

– order programs and menus

– track RSVPs

– seating chart

I hate a feeling that I’m missing something but I really can’t think of anything else.

Post # 14
546 posts
Busy bee

@RunningGal:  I am doing hot chocolate cones too!  I am worried that with all the holidays the time is going to fly and it will be here before we know it.  I think that is both a good and a bad thing.

Still to do:

-cake on FI list

-pick out tux on FI list

-pick music – meeting set for Nov 17th

-final meetings with priest (pre-cana is complet) set for Nov 5

-stuff and put out invites (this weekend just picked them up)

-finish spray paiting wine bottles for center pieces

-buy groomsman gifts on FI list

-wrap wedding party/parents gifts

-find reception shoes (this weekendd while finding MOB dress)

Post # 15
546 posts
Busy bee

2 Months to go ladies!  Can you believe it?  Where has the time gone?  I thought it went fast before, but I have a feeling it is going to go a lot faster from this point on!  Hope you are all doing well and no one is having weird dreams like I am.

Post # 16
342 posts
Helper bee

@DEBeachGirl:  I suppose great minds think alike when it comes to the hot chocolate give-aways. 

No kidding that the time is flying!!!  I can’t believe there is only 7.5 weeks until the wedding!

We’ve made some more progress since the last update. 

– We’ve made our music selections.  The first dance is going to be “Two is Better than One”, I’m going to walk down the aisle to an instrumental version of “Marry Me”.

– We’ve selected a vendor to provide chair covers & table linens.  We’re meeting tonight to make the exact selections. 

– We’ve selected a florist but need to finalize the order.

– I’m picking up some loaner decor from a friend on Wednesday night.  That will give me a good sense of what I will still need.  I’m leaning towards spray painting branches & putting them in a vase with LED lights for the centrepieces.  I may do a trial this weekend to see what I think.

– I’ve put in the order for programs/menus with the lady who made our invites.  I’m waiting to see her sample mock-up before finalizing.

So we still have a fair bit left to accomplish but we’re making progress which is good!  How’s everyone else coming along with their wedding planning?

The topic ‘1-19-13’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors