1.5 + carat center diamonds or natural fancy diamond owner bees

posted 2 years ago in Rings
Post # 2
6525 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

1.25 ct cushion cut diamond VS2, Color F, pave band with graduating diamonds .08 to .10

Price: i dont know how much DH paid for it but it was appraised for $12,0000

DH bought it through a private jewler, it was custom made

He bought the ring in November

No input on the ring, he designed it all on his own. He kmew I liked Cushion cut diamonds

I am from the US (New York)

Post # 4
382 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

Sporty-Bee:  yay for marketing! (my degree)

specs: platinum GIA .70 emerald cut diamond 1.23 carat total VS2 I with a halo and a second airline halo. 

Price: just over $4k although needs to be appraised again when its sized

Purchased: from Costco! (Of all places!)

When: bought in August. 

SO and I picked it out together in Northern California. 

Post # 5
951 posts
Busy bee

I’ll share!

Color: G 

clarity: IF 

polish and symmetry are both excellent

Carat: 0.71 emerald cut

husband bought it in December 2013, and he proposed with just the diamond lol. Setting is 18k rose gold. The diamond cost a little bit over $2,100 and the setting for a little bit over $1,600, so around 3,700 all in all. We bought it online.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  Mrs.DK.
  • This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  Mrs.DK.
Post # 6
5208 posts
Bee Keeper

Mrs.DK:  Every time you post a pic of your set, I catch my breath! So stunning! It looks way more expensive than what you paid for it. I thought that was at least $8,000 set! Definitely one of my favs on the ‘Bee.

Post # 8
353 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Specs: 1.72 carat cushion cut, G color, SI1 clarity. Dimension of stone are 7.69×6.49×4.5 so faces up closer to a 2 carat. .85 carats worth of diamonds in the split shank. Set in platinum.

Price: FI paid $16,500 but appraised for $24,500

Where was it bought: R&R Jewelers in NYC Diamond District (custom design)

Time of the year it was bought: August to be exact

If you had input or chose the ring: Yes, FI let me pick out several settings that I liked and then surprised me with the final product

Country where you are from: USA, but FI was born and raised in Mexico  

Post # 10
28 posts

Platinum- 1.82 elongated cushion cut diamond. VS1, Excellent with all specs (although some are different with cushions so I am told.) 

Valued at $30,000.

Had it custom made.

I had total input.

New Zealand.

Good luck with your project :)<br /><br />

Post # 11
1207 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

– specs – 2 ct center, .52 in the setting F color, SI2 clarity

price – no idea

where was it bought – independent jeweler 

time of the year it was bought – final payment made in December, purchase began in June

if you had input or chose the ring – yes, we shopped together for setting and shape of the diamond,final diamond size was a total surprise. 

country where you are from – good old U.S of A!

ETA – forgot the pic! 

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  .
Post # 12
951 posts
Busy bee

Bridey77:  I’m ashamed… I guess I posted my set way too much already lol >_< But thank you! The wedding band cost almost $1,100 also custom made. We actually saved money by returning the setting that Kay’s made for us (it was horrible), we saved at least $1,000! And Kay’s made it in 14k despite us asking for 18k. My husband and I also barely use a credit card, so I did prefer a ring that we can pay for right away.

Sporty-Bee:  Had both rings made by Adiamor, husband and I designed both as well. They’re like blue Nile. I definitely had a great experience with them!

Post # 13
21 posts

My 2.26 carat VVS2 F (per GIA appraisal; G per what the store appraisal) pear. Stone purchased for approximately $18,500 (plus trade-in of my 1.54 ct VS2 H pear with setting), so it cost much more. Purchased from a jewelry shop in uptown Houston (he imports his own diamonds).

it was reset last year in this 14 kt WG baguette setting (1.46 ctw) – stones are VS1 E-F.

Indepdent GIA appraisal done in Sept 2013 of $56,000. 

I love it! No more upgrades planned as this one is perfect for me!

Post # 14
8589 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2013

1.51 carat center, G color, si1 clarity, very good cut. Bought in late august 2014 for around $14,000 from jamesallen.com. Appraised for $19,000. Set in 18k white gold with .4 carat in the setting cost around $800. United States. 

Post # 15
951 posts
Busy bee

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  Mrs.DK.
Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors