1.5 Carat Moissanite-Is It Questionable?

posted 3 weeks ago in Rings
Post # 46
4051 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: February 2009

I love oval moissanite, I think they are stunning.  And 1.5ct is not that big.  If that is they size you want I would go for it.

Post # 47
412 posts
Helper bee

lovelylovelylife : Everyone who said that shrinkage is real is telling the truth… believe it and go for the size you want. 1.5 carats is not unreasonably huge. No one has ever questioned my 1.5 RB moissanite and it’s one of the first that came out before Forever Brilliant or Forever One, meaning it’s much warmer in color. I’ve had only compliments by those who were in awe of its beauty. No one has ever questioned the 2.5 carat FB moissanite I presently wear either, though I’ve had no issues about saying it’s moissanite while it’s being admired. I happen to love moissanite more than diamonds.

Another thing to keep in mind is that anyone who is rude enough to judge you due to your socioeconomic status is not really worth knowing. I was once employed as an admin office worker, and one might have thought that a $10,000 diamond was more than either me or my husband could afford at the time. Still, unbeknownst to them, I was able to (and did) purchase a $10,000 diamond/platinum ring IN CASH. People think and judge based on the dumbest things. It’s none of their business what you can or can’t afford.

Post # 48
28 posts
Newbee

I totally agree with luey12986. You shouldn’t spend time worrying about what other people think of your ring. Too many people it seems are caught up in that kind of thinking. Life is too short for that. Buy what YOU love and what YOU will enjoy.

Post # 49
72 posts
Worker bee

My best friend thought I was lying today when I told her my 2ct moissanite wasn’t a diamond. She thought I was pretending it wasn’t because I was embarrassed to have a large diamond lol!! The thought of that makes me giggle!! 

Post # 50
788 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2017

mstattoolady :   That was very nice of her.  She must be a very good friend. 

Post # 53
268 posts
Helper bee

My inherited diamond faces up like a 1.4ct stone and my ring size is a 4.5. I dont think that my ring looks too big at all, especially since halos have become so commonplace and mine is a solitaire. I would be really surprised if anyone ever questioned it. I would go for the bigger one! That’s not a huge difference, you’ll just get a little extra sparkle.

Post # 54
957 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

I have a 1.6 carat diamond, and have never dealt with “shrinkage”. I love it just as much as the day my husband proposed to me! 

And while my stone is a diamond and not a Moissanite, I have never been questioned as to whether or not it is a diamond. However, this size is pretty typical in my circle. 

Post # 55
339 posts
Helper bee

lovelylovelylife :  people are going to think what they think. some will tell you to your face. But trying to avoid saying your ring isn’t a diamond if any clarification needs arise, is EXACTLY what will get you side eye.

Post # 56
228 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

Whooooooo cares. Do you go around looking at other people’s fingers and judging what kind of stone they wear? I assume that if a woman is wearing a rock on her finger it’s what she wanted, whether it’s sapphire or diamond or CZ. My grandmother, who had millions of dollars, had more costume jewelry than anyone I know. She never met a sparkly item she didn’t like. That woman mixed paste and giant diamonds like nobodies business. 

The only people worried about what’s on your finger is you. 

Post # 57
7422 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2014 - A castle!

All that matters is that YOU are happy with it. Go for the size you want. However, as someone that has a moissanite and wants to replace it with a diamond, bear in mind that if you decide to do that down the road and want to keep your same setting, the cost is going to be substantial between a 1 ct and 1.5 ct oval diamond. Just something to think about…. 

Post # 59
56 posts
Worker bee

This is my 2 Ct moissy on size 8 finger it’s a moissy from India but I think it is absolutely gorgeous. I had a 2700 dollar Vera wang ring before this. I kinda wish I had 2.5 ct now. My point is get what you LOVE and don’t worry about what others think 

Post # 60
2 posts
Wannabee

I have a 1.5 carat forever 1 moissanite and love it so much! So much sparklier than i could imagine and i like explaining to people that it is not a diamond if asked. 

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors