1.5mm or 2mm band with my 1.5mm engagement ring?

posted 2 years ago in Rings
  • poll: 1.5 mm or 2mm wedding band?
    1.5mm : (17 votes)
    57 %
    2mm : (13 votes)
    43 %
  • Post # 2
    3199 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

i like the thinner of the two! on looks alone, my opinion is that the shank on your ring is so dainty and feminine, i would avoid overpowering it with the wider band.

Post # 3
    95 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: July 2015 - Briarwood Golf Course/ Country Club

Are you going to wear your eternity ring with your wedding band? If so I say go with the 1.5mm because you will most likely always be wearing your band with another ring.  If not and you plan on wearing the band alone a lot go with the 2.0mm.  They are both so close in size, it just depends on if you ever see yourself wearing your wedding band on its own.  I think they both look great!!!

Post # 5
    1108 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2014

The 1.5mm looks like it “matches” better with your engagement ring. I have a 1.5mm wedding band but it’s flat instead of a semi-dome or a dome and to me it looks perfectly unobtrusive when I wear it on it’s own (which admittedly isn’t often but every now and then I garden or forget my engagement ring at home). But that’s what I like.

If you like the 2mm, go for it. It looks great, if a bit mismatched. But I hear mix-n-match is a trend these days.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors