1-800 PetMeds

posted 3 years ago in Pets
Post # 3
866 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@maloussii:  I have never used them but I used to get my dog’s Frontline from Drs. Foster and Smith catalog and never had an issue.

Post # 4
3199 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@maloussii:  we used 1800 petmeds for about 2 years straight for our dog’s sentinel pills and its legit. its like 1800 contacts.

Post # 6
Hostess
24457 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I haven’t used 1800 Pet Meds but I’ve used 1800 Contacts and they still need to verify with your doctor that the prescription is correct for that which is a pain! I don’t know if they would call the vet or not.

Post # 7
1526 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

It is legit.  I used 1800PetMeds alot – vets just say that because they usually charge more for the same medicine. 

Post # 8
182 posts
Blushing bee

Wait, why does your vet think its black market?? LOL That’s super odd. It’s legit. Great service. Great prices. 

Post # 9
10384 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

There are a lot of black market flea and tick meds (i’ve seen it on Amazon in 3rd party sellers quite a lot) but I do think 1800 Pet MEds is legit. We’ve used them, and our vet said they are ok. We still buy heartwork stuff through our vet, as they are the same price, and we’d rather support the local vet.

Post # 11
1106 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@maloussii:  we got our dog his heartworm med from there–good price and fast, fast shipping!

Lol @ the betty white comment.

Post # 12
102 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

We ordered from them once and had no issues. My dog was on a flea med that helped her with some skin issues. This med is known to cause side effects and reactions. Our vet said if we ordered it online they couldn’t guarantee the quality, but if it was from them they could validate authenticity and be able to treat her reactions if needed cheaper. 

Post # 13
3598 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I actually contacted the maker of one of my dogs’ medications a while back to ask if 1-800 PetMeds was an authorized seller, and they said I should buy it from my vet instead.  A note about heartworm prevention, also–if your dog is on them consistently but tests positive for heartworms, the cost of treatment won’t be covered by the manufacturer if you don’t buy it from a licensed veterinarian.  

Post # 14
Hostess
11469 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

We have used it for years. They are a legitimate company and follow procedures for several medications including consulting your vet. Every time we order heartworm medication they must contact our vet and get a perscription/confirmation.

We order Advantix, HeartGuard and Virbac Dental Treats from them on a regular basis.

@strawbabies: FYI: 1-800-pet meds does not sell to you heartworm medication without authorization from your vet. So if a vet authorizes the sale of this medication without doing the necessary testing or having the necessary testing on file one should see a new vet.

Post # 15
1689 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

My former roommate’s cat got fleas while on Frontline from 1-800-Pet-Meds.  It made me nervous about them.

Post # 16
3598 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@Treejewel19:  I work at a vet’s office.  We require a yearly heartworm test before authorizing them to sell heartworm prevention.  But if a pet who is on the meds consistently that the owner bought from us turns out positive, the drug company pays for the treatment.  If it was not bought through a vet, the owner has to pay out of their own pocket.  

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors