$1 Flip Flops at Old Navy 7/28- let's talk flip flop baskets!

posted 2 years ago in Reception
Post # 2
237 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Thanks for the heads up – I’ll be going. If nothing else, then some for my bridal party. I want to try decorating them myself. 

I would get more 8s and 9s for women than anything, only a few in the smaller sizes. 

Men, I have no clue. My FI wears a 10.

Post # 5
2578 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

We had about 75 guests at our wedding, bought I only bought 15 pairs of (women’s) flip flops. Some girls were extrememly thankful to be able to get out of their heels and wear them, but most just went barefoot. That being said, we only had 3 pairs left over, which our DD was pretty excited about as she now wears them (not even 10yo, but in a ladies size 6–bigfoot!).

Post # 6
3735 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I would just go barefoot and have in the past.

Post # 7
724 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Do you mean 6/28?

I don’t think I will bother with a flip flop basket, personally.  Even at only $1 each, it adds up!

Post # 8
253 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

HeartsandSparkles:  I’d only get enough for females. Even then, maybe buy only enough for half. Not everyone will dance with such fervor as to blister up their feet.

I think it’s better to go bigger than to go smaller. Get a few 9s, one to two 10, more 8s than any, and some 6s. Just an assortment. But the most common size is 8-9.

Post # 10
724 posts
Busy bee

LOL, I guess you never know what they will care about!

I figured my SO would be totally against a dry wedding, but he actually brought it up!

We’re totally cheap, though 😉

Post # 12
113 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I bought about 40 pairs (about 65 confirmed women) I bought silver and white, with about 5-10 pairs, for each color, in sizes 7-10. I had about 4 pairs leftover

Post # 13
249 posts
Helper bee

HeartsandSparkles:  Ah I want to do this too!

Does anyone happen to know if you can order them online for $1, or if it has to be in store?

Post # 14
1959 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

HeartsandSparkles:  I did this last year and they were a huge hit.  I’m not sure if it’s the same where you live but our Old Navy opens early on the day of the flip flop sale.  I got there around 7:20 am (they opened at 7) and there were already tons of people rummaging through the bins.  If you have specific colours you want, I suggest going early.

Post # 15
454 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014 - Philadelphia, PA

Monk6552:  You can only get the Old Navy sale in store.  The $1 sale doesn’t apply online.

HeartsandSparkles:  I am also attending the Old Navy sale on Saturday.  The stores near me open at 7 AM.  I’m also planning on getting all black and white so they’ll be neutral and not stick out so much for women who aren’t wearing floor-length gowns.  My venue coordinator actually recommended getting flip flops to us because our venue doesn’t allow guests to go barefoot because it’s a liability to them (i.e. they cut their foot on broken glass, trip/fall, etc).

I did some research on the Bee of how many to buy and people have said to buy for 25% of your female guests.  So if you’re having 200 guests, you can estimate that half will be women so that’s 100 people and then 25% would be 25 pairs of flip flops.  Keep in mind that most older guests will not take off their shoes and wear flip flops, especially if they’re wearing stockings/tights.

As another PSA, KMart is currently having a 2 for $1 sale from now until 7/5!  You can buy their flip flops in store or online, which is really convenient.  I checked out their quality today and they’re better than those found in the dollar store but not as durable as Old Navy.  Just something to consider if the Old Navy stores quickly sell out!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors