1 job, 2 different offers. Confused!

posted 3 years ago in Career
Post # 3
1362 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Turf Valley

In all of the situations I’ve been privvy to, the hiring manager really knew the details.  The HR Manager was not responsible nor had the authority to make decisions about a positions compensation and/or schedule.  I have never worked for a company where the HR manager had that final say.  

I would wait to get feedback from the HR Manager, but would definitely (if it were me) believe the hiring manager.  Although… It can always be a numbers game with your manager, who sees you working for $5/hr and doesn’t think she should need to pay you $8/hr because, hey, you’re already here!  So that money that she’s saving by not giving you a raise is staying in her budget for something else.  

Post # 4
42538 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@LucyDiamond:  I would ask  HR for the terms of the position in writing, so you have something with which to hold the empoyer accountable if you get the position.

This may just be a communication gap between HR and the manager in question.

Post # 7
1327 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Sounds like a miscommunication between HR and the manager.  Ask either of them for the job details in writing so that you can be clear.

Post # 8
1362 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Turf Valley

@LucyDiamond:  That sounds like my FI’s job.  He works 9-5 and gets a 1 hour break.  They break it up to a 30 minute lunch and two 15 minute breaks throughout the day.  It’s pretty crappy. He hates it because he often works through lunch.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors