- 7 years ago
- Wedding: February 2011
: breathes : So, I own a business and consider myself a person that can handle stress very well. I knew it was coming, I expected it … thus, I thought I was more prepared for it? Maybe not …. or maybe I just need a hug. So, bees … help me out if ya don’t mind; I would really really appreciate it.
1) Bridal shower is coming up next Sunday: have no idea what to wear. (that’s the least of my problems) lol
2) Just found out that one of the GM’s (who is a friend of mine) wont be able to make it to the bachelor party (oooookkkaaayyyy, no biggie) and now I question the wedding. I’m not about to end a 17 yr friendship over this … but, how do I NOT lose myself? (the reason is neither here nor there; he says he’ll be there, but we’ll see)
3) Lost myself on Christmas day with the In-laws because they keep adding people onto the wedding list (that I cut off over 2 weeks ago bc we’re already over). Their reason for adding 20 more people? “Because they give good gifts”. Needless to say, the answer was still “no” and now I’m the &#%%hole of the family.
4) MIL is calling me begging me not to invite FI stepfather (who raised him) bc “they’re fighting”. They’ve been divorced for 8 yrs and have a good relationship (for divorcees) but, after I told her “that’s ridiculous, I’ll sit him far away from you as possible” …. she then proceeds to call FI and tell him “if he’s invited, I’m not coming.”. Don’t ask what my response to that was because it wasn’t pretty. And I’m still the &#%%hole of the family. 🙂
5) I just sent out the invites yesterday (yes, I’m behind because of this guest list issue) and hope to God this part doesn’t drive me crazy. Because …..
6) I just found out today that 2 days after I get back from our honeymoon, I am flying out to TX (I live in FL) and will be traveling my first year of marriage (2 weeks there, 2 weeks here) for the entire year. Not expected, not planned, and not my idea of a great way to begin our life as husband and wife.
Yes I know I own the business, but when I tell you it wasn’t supposed to be this way, I promise you, it wasn’t supposed to be this way.
I’m breathing, trying to relax, clear my head, do whatever I need to do. But, I now have a golf ball in my neck from muscle knots and a tension headache that wont quit. I’m doing everything I can to keep calm, relax, and maintain my composure; but I can only do so much (I am human as much as I’d love to call myself super woman).
Thanks for the vent ladies and any responses are greatly appreciated. 🙂 Bless you all!!!