- 4 years ago
- Wedding: November 2013 - castle green
I never thought I would have bridemaid issues because I love all of my girls but it seems like drama always seems to rear its ugly head in the time of weddings. The surprising thing is the fact that its NOT who I thought it would be.
Its a family member, who I thought would have been the most supportive.
I got engaged over a year ago and right away I got the dress, picked my bridesmaids and basically explained the dress concept to them. I wanted them to pick out their own dress in the color pallate I chose. However, months passed and it wasnt until this past summer that I ended up picking the bridesmaids dresses and colors.
Everyone was on board with it except one. My cousin detested the color. Thought it was going to wash her out. But she wasnt the only girl wearing the color and everyone else seemed to go along with it. After all of the resisting, she accepted and bought the dress. Fast forward to today. Since then (august), shes been doing little things that have been making feel a little off.
- She texted me a snarky txt asking me “What shoes do i wear, I dont even know what matches with that color (its gold).” I reply black because black matches with everything.
- She then asks me “what time should “they” arrive on the actual wedding?” I reply that guests should get there at 4, cause the ceremony is at 430, in which she responds OH so I should get there at 4pm? I reply back ,”GIRL youre in the bridal party, you need to be there EARLY for photos”. She replys back ok, like no big deal. (i must also note, shes been in weddings before.. she understands how these things work).
- Then my MOH was asking all the bridesmaids about help chipping in for the bridal shower this upcoming weekend and the only one who doesnt respond is her. I finally text her asking her if the MOH got ahold of her, and she says “Yeah she was asking me for money”. I dont think she got back to her either but I just didnt even bother after that.
- THEN today, I let everyone know that my rehearsal is the day before at 4pm at the venue. Everyone confirms except her in which she says “what if she cant make it?” I literally thought she was joking. My MOH even asked if it was. Basically she says that she works and shes already taking my wedding day off (not like anyone else does either? and gee thanks! ) and that she will try but she cant guarantee it.
I dont know, I feel like my wedding is starting to be an inconvience for her and in the beginning it wasnt as bothersome but now its starting to hurt my feelings. She also got engaged this past summer so I know shes got planning on her mind. Am I being too hypersensitive? I dont think im asking alot out of her as a bridesmaid? I just dont like confrontation but I also know that I have been really emotional the past few weeks because of stress with the wedding. I just want to make sure that IF i do talk to her, ive thought over rational explanations.
sorry for the rant.