1 month before the wedding and the sh!t hits the fan

posted 3 years ago in Career
Post # 3
1295 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

OH NO! *HUGS*

you will get through this 🙁 Just take it one day at a time and try to keep them seperate. In terms of jobs, everything usually works out for the best 🙂

If you are financially secure… perhaps keep in mind that if you do get a job in the next 3 weeks, you may have a hard time getting the time off for honeymoon/ wedding. Its an overwhelming time but it might help to get your resume in tip top shape and do some research for what jobs are out their in your interest and then work on actually applying once you are married!

Post # 4
11668 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’m sorry hun. DH got laid off 1 month before the wedding.  He put in a few applications before the wedding, but kind of took the month to just relax, regroup and take a break.  Getting laid off is stressful and you need time to process it.  With a wedding and honeymoon coming up, it was good timing to just wait until he got back. That way he didn’t miss any calls for interviews, etc.

Good luck job hunting!

Post # 5
926 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I agree with Seashells7. You could start job hunting (if you can fit it in), but give them a start date sometime after you return from honeymoon.  You can have a month off, work on wedding stuff, and just focus on that and the honeymoon.

Post # 6
Hostess
2787 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@erclay:  I feel for you , as I am in the same boat. 

I know this may be something you may not like to hear, but take it as somewhat of a blessing in disguise. Maybe you can use this month to focus on yourself and your upcoming marrage and wedding. Definetly try to get another job lined up, but I suggest trying to get a job waiting for you for when you come back from your wedding festivities. You may not be able to get a job before the wedding since you would need a week or 2 off anyways if you are going on a honeymoon right after your wedding. Don’t worry it will all work out for the best

Post # 8
2165 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I remember how odd I felt after being laid off.  It is surreal!  I’m really sorry that happened to you, but I hope that it all works out!  For now, just take some time and decompress, maybe go to a yoga class or do something to pamper yourself…just relax a bit!  

Post # 9
446 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

@erclay:  I’m so sorry!!

I got laid off last month and found a new job, but have 2 weeks off in between.  Ugh!  Planning a wedding and really could use the income right now!

But, like some others have already mentioned, getting a job before the wedding may prevent you from taking the necessary time off for the wedding and honeymoon.  I would spend the time buffing up my resume and maybe apply for a few jobs but don’t stress about it until you get back.

Post # 10
11300 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

Ughhhhh, I’m sorry hon.

I got laid of 4 months into wedding planning and it was terrifying (and have been laid off twice before that). I DID end up getting a new job, but the pay is nowhere near where it should be. I’m actually hoping to get a new job before the wedding (just over two months…ha).

Post # 12
3806 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@erclay:  OMG I’M SO SORRY!!! 🙁 *HUGS*

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors