1 month left to go… nervous…

posted 2 years ago in Ceremony
Post # 2
312 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Are you getting married on the 27th too? I’m right there with you, from the stress of all the final details to the anxiety about being the center of attention. Something I read elsewhere helped a lot – we will be at the center, the reason that everyone is there, but most of them will be seeing so many friends and family they haven’t talked to in ages that we will not be the center of their attention. We will simply be the happy reason for their wonderful evening. 🙂

in fact, I think it’s really useful to keep in mind that everyone who is coming is attending in order to wish you well. You have no enemies at your own wedding – nobody who is going to be looking with a critical eye (and if you do – well, their behavior reflects poorly only on them). So make a long list of everything you need to do, and cross each item off as you do it – but don’t forget, this is a happy occasion, and you are allowed to enjoy it even if it doesn’t go perfectly – certainly everyone else will!

Post # 3
188 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I just got married June 21st and was super nervous for the ceremony and talking in front of everyone, just like you. I had 200 guests at my wedding, and when I was up at the alter  during the 25 minute ceremony, I literally felt like there was no one behind me. It was awesome, I didn’t feel nervous at all. Trust me, you’ll be fine! 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors