(Closed) 1 month till wedding, beauty suggestions?

posted 6 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
6893 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

I used teeth whitener for the 1-2 months before (they worked!)

I took Biotin for strong hair, strong nails, and healthy skin for about 3 months prior.

I got good skincare and used it religiously – every single night. I had a lot of the products, but I invested in a good microderm product.

Post # 4
656 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I did a tooth whitener too – totally worked and helped a ton. Most of the brands out there worked (I used Crest White Strips).

Definitely start drinking more water – it helps every single body function!

I recently purchased the Olay ProX – it’s a great exfoliator that allows your skin to absorb 6x more product (like moisturizers) than not exfoliating with it. It has made my skin brighter and gotten rid of a lot of acne. 

Have a skin regiment and be diligent. I usually get discouraged after a week, but keeping up with it for at least a month will show much better results. Good luck!

Post # 5
3175 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I had good luck giving up coffee & soda by substituting soda water with lots of ice and lemon or lime. 

I just started investing in quality skin care products (I’m usually way too cheap, but I just bought Clinique 3 step…I love Clinique products), and I’m forcing myself to wash my face every night (I’m usually a huge slacker about this). 

I’m thinking about investing in a pre-natal vitamin. I probably should be using a multi vitamin, anyway, and quality prenatals have always helped with my skin & hair, in addition to my hormones 🙂

Post # 7
656 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

@MrsNerdy:  you know, I’ve broken out a little more too, and I’ve been using it for about a week. I also have some extra stressors affecting my skin though. I wouldn’t consider the olay pro x and the clairsonic competitors, though olay markets themselves that way. The olay is an exfoliator, while the clairsonic is a more of a deep pore clarifier. They do promote the same benefit though – softer, brighter skin with better absorption of skin products. 

Post # 8
1006 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Last month I bought a Clarisonic and I’ve noticed a huge difference in my skin. It’s cleared up my pores quite a bit and my overall skin tone is more even. It also feels cleaner, smoother and seems to absorb product better. I love it! I’ve also tried a clay mask and a hydrating mask and both seem to work wonders too.

I’m going to start tanning (I’ve never been in a tanning bed before but I am pastey white and need some color).

Post # 9
141 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010 - Angel Orensanz Foundation

Don’t pick at any breakouts!  You may wind up with scarring, and with only one month to go, you don’t know if you will be properly healed.  Lots of water, a Clarisonic, and good eating habits are immensely helpful.

Also, if you’re doing any manual labor like washing dishes or yard work, make sure you wear  gloves to prevent callouses, hangnails, etc.  and make sure you refresh your hair color and/or gte a trim within 2 weeks of the wedding so it has time to settle in.

Best of luck!  Be beautiful!

Post # 10
1488 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Well, I started tanning (I know, it’s bad for you but whatever.)

I also started taking better care of my hair by buying nice leave in cream conditioners, taking vitamins and quitting blow drying and hot tools until the wedding.

I am using Crest Whitestrips as well and I would HIGHLY recommend using the whitening toothpaste and mouthwash every day. They work wonders!

For my skin I have been putting on lotion like crazy, drinking a ton of water and washing my face every morning and night. (I was pretty bad about removing makeup before bed before.)

I’ve also been using mud masks and cucumber masks that you can buy at the beauty store.

The topic ‘1 month till wedding, beauty suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors