1 November 2014 Brides

posted 3 years ago in November 2014
Post # 4
998 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

@Brooke1226:  I hear ya, i had my whole not excited about wedding moment last month, i say moment it was more like a month of me thinking how crap my wedding was going to be because it was not what i wanted, but after a a good gossip with my bridesmaids i have realised that it is going to be awesome…. so don’t worry you will get excited all over again.

I am pretty much sorted all i have to do is:

Get my marriage licence

Buy my bridesmaids outfits

Rent the groom and groomsmen outfits

Buy sweets for my centerpieces

interviews with the rev

Send out invites

And you really need to go dressing shopping next weekend! and the fact that you don’t know what are are looking for makes it easier.

And hey if you don’t think a bridal party is necessary then don’t have one it’s your wedding you have to do it your way.

Post # 6
998 posts
Busy bee

@Brooke1226: To be honest i’m quite surprised at how organised i am haha.

Oooh i do love some sharing weddingy goodness (so many pics):

My bridal look made up off the actual stuff i have bought.

My centrepieces, they are going to filled with retro sweets 

My bouquet which i love:

Hopefully my invites will turn out like this (but in navy blue)

And finally my this is what my BM’s will be wearing:

I love looking at all this stuff it’s nice to see all the wedding coming together.

Post # 7
604 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2014 - Nazareth Hall

@Brooke1226:  Aw don’t fret girl! Honestly I was ready to say screw it and cancel the whole thing until this weekend because I got SO much done and now I am excited again. And don’t feel forced to have a bridal party if you don’t want one but DO go dress shopping, it’s fun I promise but don’t expect that “say yes to the dress moment” or you may not find anything. I picked my dress because it was so me even though a different dress made everyone (including me) in my group cry 🙂

Here is what I have:

My dress/veil- paid for in full and hiding away in the upstairs closet

Venue- Both ceremony and reception happening here, they take care of everything for me and we have a planning meeting where we will design room layout, pick the rehearsal time, food tasting and ask any questions we need to in May. 

DJ

Videographer- Still no contract signed but he did our engagement video and when we go to put the finishing touches on that we will sign the contract. 

Photographer (kind of)- We have one, but her mom was just diagnosed with cancer and anything could happen between now and November, which is so sad because this girl is a sweetheart and I hope everything works out but I am nervous and still looking for others. Thoughts on that or should I just stick with this one?

Tuxes (kind of)- We know where we are getting them but FI has been out of town since January and we will take care of this when he comes home this month (yay!)

Bridesmaid dresses- Just went yesterday and picked them out at the first store. And I found them $100 cheaper on Wedding Shop Inc. so I think my girls will be sort of happy hahaha

Photobooth- Just have to call and pay for it

Decor- All picked even though my FMIL thinks it’s too “simple” (she does event rentals for a living)

What I still need to do:

Officiant- Know who we are using, still have to go in for an interview and pay him

Rings- I can’t find one that I like, so me and FI will go when he comes home and hopefully find something

Marriage License

Invites

Sending save the dates

…among many other things those are just the big ones haha

I am choosing to not be stressed through this process, everything will work out and in the end we will be married which is all I want.

Good luck to all you ladies, just a little under 8 months :):):)

Post # 7
47 posts
Newbee

Hello beautiful fellow November 1st Brides!

When I first commented on this post, we were over fourteen months away.  It’s crazy to think how fast time is flying, but at the same time it’s still so far away lol.

@Brooke1226 Thanks for checking up on all of us! When are you planning to begin shopping for your wedding dress? I agree with @nearly-mrs-R it’s better that you don’t have a particular style in mind, because once you start trying on dresses you’ll totally be able to narrow down what you like and don’t like.  But run don’t walk to try them on! I think this should be one of the next things you cross off your list of things to do! <br />In reagrds to the bridal party, I say do whatever makes you and your fiance happy! If not having one is what you want then go for it, and if your fiance thinks you need one, maybe consider just doing a best man and maid of honour? I think that might be a great solution! <br />I’m sorry that you were not able to elope, it’s always hard when you would rather be doing one thing and having to do another. You’ll probably find it funny that size of my bridal party is almost the size of your entire guest list! Including my fiance and I we are 26.  11 bridesmaids, 11 groomsmen, 1 flowergirl and 1 ring boy! (We both come from big families) I know it’s crazy and a little ridiculous, and most people actually have a look of horror on their faces when i tell them the size.  Point is a twenty-six person bridal party works for us, and if no bridal party or just MOH/ BM works for you then you should be able to have that!

Post # 8
47 posts
Newbee

We’ve booked all of the big things:

Church, venue, photographer/ videographer, transportation, dj/band, decor/ flowers.

We still need to get the bridesmaid/ groomsmen outfits, but I’ve been looking, and for the girls I have until May to order, so I’m giving myself by the end of this month to pick a dress, and then the girls have a month to go and order it. Hopefully everything goes well!

I’ve started to look at invitations, but I’m thinking it still may be a little to early to order those! I have no idea really lol.  Eight months is a weird place to be, everything is so close yet so far, so I’m having a hard time doing the little things.  I know there are a ton of little things to do, that I haven’t even thought about lol.

@brooke1226  At the end of the day it’s all about the marriage like you said.  This may not be your ideal wedding, but at the end of it all the wedding is such a tiny part of the big picture. Believe me when I tell you that the big over the top wedding we are having is not what I wanted at all! I wanted to be married on a beach at sunset, something small and intimate. But unfortunately that just doesn’t work for us! So although this isn’t my “dream idea” of what my wedding should be, I’ve decided to just run with it and in a way alter that “dream idea” to something new! I hope everything works out for you! 🙂

Post # 9
6 posts
Newbee

Hi! I’m a new and a November first bride!

Post # 9
6 posts
Newbee

Hi! I’m a new and a November first bride!

Post # 12
568 posts
Busy bee

I keep having wedding nightmares at least once a week of things going wrong. Which is surprising because yes I want things to look good but honestly all I care about it marrying FI. These nightmares need to stop. 

Weve secured out location, photographer, DJ and menu. Save the dates are being sent (a little late) this week. My dress has been ordered two sizes small and will be here in June. Bridesmaids dresses have all been picked out and ordered except one. Block of rooms has been reserved for our guests. I’ve mapped out the centerpieces and calculated the flowers I need. We have free tuxedos for all the groomsmen that we won at a bridal expo we just have to go and get the guys measured in a couple months. 

we still have to meet with a cake pplace and decide on a design/flavor. 

still have to pick out invitations 

need to get FI ring

stoll have to decide on hair and makeup company and do trials. 

need to order all the stuff for the centerpieces

Stressed? Absolutely. Never thought I would be a stressed bride either. 14 months of planning for a day that’s going to fly by like lightning. People who have whole wedding weekends have the right idea. 

Post # 13
436 posts
Helper bee

Brooke1226:  I was JUST updating MY thread too lol. NO DRESS!!!! In a Panic but next weekend I told FI we MUST get it picked out and ordered. I am ok getting an off the rack dress if it is in good shape. We found out my FI’s boss/owner of the company has a side business. BBQ catering! We got that all worked out now. We are purchasing decorations and putting money aside for the venue/photographer/dj etc. 

Post # 14
49 posts
Newbee

realtreegal:  I nhope you find somehting soon.  I would be super stressed out if I didn’t have my dress. Actually I loved dress shopping and I found mine too fast.  We finally found the bridesmaid dresses.  Only 5 months to go and I think I’m the one flipping out.

Post # 15
436 posts
Helper bee

flipfloppgirl1004:  I am sure I will find some. Good thing is I like a lot of different styles. My only diliema really was finding one I thought looked great on me. I have dropped like 30 lbs and still dropping so that makes me feel better. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors