1 or 2 cameramen!?!?? please help!

posted 3 years ago in Photos/Videos
  • poll: Should we go with 1 or 2 cameras?
    1 camera : (6 votes)
    19 %
    2 camera : (26 votes)
    81 %
  • Post # 3
    4441 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: January 2013 - Harbourfront Grand Hall

@MarieeToBee:  Our 2nd shooter’s pictures were absolute junk so I would have been fine with one.

Post # 4
    629 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

If you can afford it, two! How else are you going to get the looks on both of your faces when you’re walking down the aisle? Or grandpa squeezing grandma’s hand while you two are placing rings on eachother’s fingers?

Post # 5
    159 posts
    Blushing bee

We had 1 cameraman and he brought a GoPro camera, this is the teaser http://vimeo.com/68464796

i think he brought a few GoPro cameras although we paid for one! He got really good angles by himself! However, he did have an assistant that I didn’t ask for. Not sure if that helps but I think the assistant was there to take care of the equipment 

Post # 7
    1158 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2014

@MarieeToBee:  I would say 2 (if you can afford it). It’s be nice to have 2 to capture different angles.

Post # 9
    159 posts
    Blushing bee

@MarieeToBee:  Don’t worry about the getting ready part! 🙂 We weren’t even going to include it but the videographer thought it would be a nice touch. I’m glad he helped with the overall vision. My groom at the time was already dressed. The videographer just asked him to take his jacket off again and have his groom’s men help him with his vest. That’s the part in the video you see with him flipping his jacket on… that was just a reenactment. 🙂 Whatever he was comfortable with doing, he did. Same with me. My dress was already on and they just recorded a moment with my mom “checking” the back of my dress. I think it was an amazing touch and not over done. Have a little fun with it- the way YOU want to! Good luck!

Post # 11
    1 posts

@MarieeToBee:  Hello, I have to say (as a professional) you have to have 2 camera angles, sets and operators. But only if you book for professionals, who understand how to manage two angles. I tell you one example: you are standing face to face to your Love. How can both of you be recorded at the same time? And then cut together like in the movies?

I am in wedding FILM business, so all these refer only to a FILM. If you need only a classic VIDEO, then one camera is more than enough. But will be very boring. 🙂

If you write me a p. message I can send you few examples how it looks like in the perfect way. I dont want to post here and insult other readers.

good luck and cheers, val

Post # 12
    1416 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2015

If you can afford two, I’d say to go with that. Especially if you are getting video of you both getting ready. That way one videographer can be with the groom and his guys, and you and your girls simultaneously.

Post # 13
    975 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2014 - Banff, Alberta

@MarieeToBee:  Cameramen? Meaning video? Or photographers? We are absolutely having a second photographer. Also doing video but only one cameraman. 

Post # 14
    216 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

I vote 2 cameras all the way! Being able to capture both of you getting ready or different angles of the ceremony and reception will make the video a lot more personal and emotional. 

I had two videographers and I love that I can see what my husband was doing on the morning before while getting ready and I love that our ceremony shots have images of our parents 🙂

I think if you end up going with 1 videographer, you’ll be okay with it but you might always wonder what moments you missed out on capturing.  

Here is mine: http://vimeo.com/74351449

Post # 15
    3344 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: April 2013 - Rhode Island

Definitely two!!!!  You’ll want the second angle, trust me.  And we pretty much ignored our photographers and videographers.  They didn’t bother us, even though there were 4 total.

Post # 16
    2535 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

Watch my video at least during the ceremony entrance part and you will know why you want two camera men….

Pass: Then

Link: http://vimeo.com/54109433

This video was done by students tho… but still 2 cameras would have avoided this ….

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors