+1 Request

posted 3 years ago in Etiquette
  • poll: Give her a +1?
    Yes, Give her a +1 because she is travelling to the wedding and won't know many ppl there : (28 votes)
    68 %
    Yes, Give her a +1 because I am the type of person who thinks everyone gets a +1 ALWAYS : (7 votes)
    17 %
    Maybe, wait until you get more RSVP's back : (3 votes)
    7 %
    No, You're not obligated since this is not for a boyfriend/fiance/husband : (3 votes)
    7 %
    Other : (0 votes)
  • Post # 3
    2400 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

@fingerscrossed:  I would. If I had to travel for a wedding I would like someone with me, but I’m the kind of person that hates traveling alone.

Post # 4
    128 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

Maybe you can ask who this person is. If it’s a partner then you would want them to come right? [An aside and no offense to PPs but I don’t understand why adults can’t travel alone so I don’t think that’s a reason to give her a +1 if you can’t fit one in. And I kind of think that bringing a random date to a wedding is like bringing sand to the beach.]

I propose the +1 Request Response Team…we are all getting “Can I bring so and so who you probably don’t know and therefore didn’t invite?” from our families and friends. And none of like saying no to those we know. But I wouldn’t have any problem telling your friends no. So in exchange for telling your +1 Requests “no” someone else can tell mind.

Good luck! I know it’s hard and frustrating letting people down. But it’s your wedding and you should celebrate how you want to.

Post # 5
    1648 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2000

If she has to book travel, I would allow the +1 to keep her company.  I probably wouldn’t be so generous if she were local though.

Post # 6
    Hostess
    22135 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2011

If the wedding’s far enough away that she has to travel by plane and she won’t really know anyone else, I’d let her have a +1. I know it’s not ideal for you, but I think this is a case in which it’s worth it.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors