(Closed) 1 thank you card per gift?

posted 8 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
5148 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I would write a thank-you to each person/couple seperately.

Post # 4
360 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

One thank you card for each household is what I would/will do.

I wouldn’t want someone to feel slighted if the thank you message wasn’t passed on to everyone who chipped in.

Post # 5
1940 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I send a thank you to each person, except if it’s a gift from a large group of co-workers.  

Examples:

I work with 20-30 people, and they got us a few bottles of wine and a card and gave it to me before the wedding.  I will write one thank you card then.  The gift was actually purchased by one individual and the card was just signed “from x staff.”  

Two of my friends of school bought a gift together.  I will send each of them a thank you note.

Post # 6
7771 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

Yeah, I would do one to each person/ couple/ home.

Post # 7
529 posts
Busy bee

My friends and I pool money for gifts frequently, and I have always received one card per person or couple.

Post # 8
236 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

for my shower I handled it by writing 1 per household (sort of).

My FI’s Aunt and her 4 daughters went together on a gift so I sent a card to the 2 daughters that are married, and 1 to the aunt and the 2 daughers that aren’t married. The 2 daughters that aren’t married don’t live at home, but they are kind of an old fashioned lot, so i figured they would think this was normal. If it were my family, I might have sent the daughters that don’t live at home a seperate thank you…it depends on the ‘audience’ I guess.

The topic ‘1 thank you card per gift?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors