1 thing learned

posted 3 years ago in Parenting
Post # 2
1287 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

eecuadrado:  Im not a mom, but plan to be one day.  IF they only took ONE thing from me, of which I hope to teach them/show them, it would be RESPECT.  Respecting themselves, others, differences (from skin color, to sexual orientation, to varying opinions, and ideologies, etc, etc, etc).  I think respect can go a long way, can cover many areas, and will always keep one ‘grounded’.  

Post # 4
2188 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

Maybe it’s because customer service is a big part of my job, but working with rude, demanding people that have no respect for others and feel entitled is just the WORST. I hope my children are polite, thankful, and respectful of others.

Post # 6
992 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

eecuadrado:  like PP not a mom yet but hope to be in the future. The one thing I’d want for my kids to learn is to always be kind. So much stems from just being nice and kind 🙂 

Post # 9
8387 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

I’m hoping to teach my children to have compassion.

Post # 11
802 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2015 - Backyard Forest

I also don’t have children yet, but my one lesson of utmost importance is definitely gratitude. I think from that stems so many other things and if they know above all to be grateful, I think I’ll have done a pretty good job. 

Post # 12
1155 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

No children yet, but a big lesson I would like them to learn is how to have empathy. I think being able to wrap your mind around how someone else is feeling, especially when you don’t feel that way yourself, has enormous implications for what kind of person you grow up to be. 

Post # 13
2661 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Above all, treat others with kindness.  In all these years, we still haven’t come up with a rule better than the Golden Rule. 

Post # 14
9137 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

eecuadrado:  Aside from the obvious ones about self esteem and do unto others, reading is important.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors