1 visit or 2?

posted 3 years ago in Rings
  • poll: Which will make parting with my precious easier?
    1 week before the wedding + 1 week after the wedding : (8 votes)
    18 %
    2 weeks before the wedding : (36 votes)
    80 %
    other suggestions? : (1 votes)
    2 %
  • Post # 3
    232 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

I say send both in 2 weeks before! You’ll be happy it’s done before the wedding 🙂

Post # 5
    439 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2015

@LTD418:  Yikes! What if something goes wrong (lost in the mail, takes longer than expected, etc) – that’d be soooooo stressful right before the wedding!

Post # 7
    1959 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I would totally part with it before the wedding.  After your vows are said, looking down at your complete rings is such a cool feeling!

Post # 8
    1259 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

My e-ring was at the jeweler 6 WEEKS before my wedding having a custom band made for it.  I say send them in 2 weeks before, get everything done and be done with it 🙂

Post # 9
    2319 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

I say two weeks before the wedding so they’re done at the same time.

Post # 10
    2738 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

I had to consider the same dilemma when I got married last year. I opted for the 2 weeks prior to my wedding. I had my band soldered, and it was fine waiting 2 weeks with a stand-in ring. After the wedding, I just didn’t want to part with it. Also, I didn’t want my band to rub on my e-ring, even for a short period of time. 

Post # 11
    9 posts
    • Wedding: October 2013

I am getting married in two weeks.  I sent mine in to get soldered and redipped at the beginning of September and won’t be able to wear it until after the wedding.  However, I decided I would rather do that and have them all pretty for the wedding and not have to give them up after the wedding.

Post # 12
    737 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

I say two weeks!  It would be torture to send them in after your wedding!

Post # 13
    1822 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013 - Pavilion overlooking golf course scenery, reception at banquet hall

I say get it all done at the same time. Once the wedding is over you are NOT going to want to take it off 🙂

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors