(Closed) 1 week away and being forced to wear glasses

posted 5 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
2287 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: Central Park

I used to get styes as a kid. The doctors always said to alternate hot and cold compresses over the affected eye to reduce swelling and help it drain. It usually worked within a few days. I only ever had one that wouldn’t go away. I ended up having it removed surgically. It was done to the inside of the eyelid so you couldn’t see anything, and it was healed pretty quick. I don’t remember any swelling or pain from it but I was 8 when it was removed.

Post # 4
1999 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Could you maybe go buy a pair with less intrusive frames just for the wedding day?

I’ve seen brides wear ones that don’t have rims and it is a lot more subtle

Post # 5
2207 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

ugh this sucks! i have gotten styes before, and i used some stuff called stye away and it was gone within a few days… i also wore NO eye make up at all during that time. but if your doctor isnt optimistic i would make sure i wore a fresh pair of contacts the day of the wedding. you will probably be on cloud 9 all day and won’t notice your eyes (that’s how i am when i’m drunk anyways lol). good luck! i’m so sorry this is happening. 🙁

Post # 6
4659 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

This seems like an awesome excuse to buy sexy wedding glasses in whatever style you love! Sorry to hear about your allergies… just trying to look on the bright side…

Post # 7
429 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I am in a similar situation. I wear glasses all the time. I have contacts for special dressy days and such but I resort to having multiple frames that match multiple styles instead. I was planning on wearing my contacts and changing them out to my clear, half rimmed glasses once I needed to. Well it turns out that my son decided to break those frames recently and there is no time to replace them before the wedding. Btw, we are date twins, go oct 27!

Post # 9
260 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 1999

Quick fix (or maybe not depending on personal tastes). Get yourself down to your local craft outlet, get some Swarovski (or presciosa or just glass rhinestones depending on your budget) some superglue/gemtac and bedazzle your specs. It looks good if you get a mix of sizes – I would recommend some 4 or 5mm ones and some 2 and 3mms – they you can fill the gaps – or larger sizes if you want a more dramatic lok. Then you can say you have Crystal-Specs! Alternatively – wear them (you will look amazing anyway) and if youre nervous about pics with them on, whip ’em off. My sister did this as contacts for her prescription are a ludicrous price. Let us know how it goes!!

Post # 10
264 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013 - Lake Taghkanic State Park

I’m choosing to wear my glasses because I feel like they’re part of how I look, and even though I want to look beautiful n my wedding day, I still want to look like me. Plus I’ve never worn contacts before. But that really sucks though that you were really counting on the contacts and then all this happened.

What if you wore your glasses for the parts you needed and just took them off for photos? I’m not sure how bad your eyesight is, but these are some things to consider:

-If someone is giving you away would you be able to make the trip down the aisle, considering you’ll be walking with them?
-If you’re stanting right next to your FH would you still be able to see him well enough to be able to do your vows?
-When you do your professional pics could you have someone hold your glasses while you take pictures since you’ll mostly just be standing still?
-Could you do your first dance without them? Your husband should be leading anyway.

Personally I hate not being able to see so I know these are things that would bother me, but idk maybe it would be worth it if you were REALLY set on it and don’t want to wear them.

Post # 11
5428 posts
Bee Keeper

It really sucks how you want to look a certain way for the wedding and something “comes up”. But I think it would be okay if you wore the contacts for the ceremony and take them off for pictures (you don’t really need to see for these! LOL) and wear your glasses for the reception. 

But, just for fun, I found these online, aren’t they just CUTE?

Post # 12
426 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@ebifish:  I’m so sorry to hear that!  I have to wear RGP lenses that are very, very finicky and I’m so terrified that they won’t wear well on my wedding day.  I may not even wear eye makeup so as not to irritate them. So I know exactly how you feel.  

Like others have said, maybe just try to find cute glasses that will go well with your bridal look.  

The topic ‘1 week away and being forced to wear glasses’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors