1 week post wedding. Any regrets?

posted 3 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
1640 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - Rustic mill, historical site

Looks wonderful!  

Honestly, if I could go back and do it all over again, the ONLY thing I would change would be to have my brother stand with me as a bridesman instead of one of the bridesmaids I did choose.   She was completely useless, and infact, detremental to getting everything done.    Everything else was so amazing, and perfect, that it makes that whole bridesmaid issue, which would have otherwise been a MAJOR issue, seem pretty minor considering how well everything else proceeded.

I also asked several times for someone to send for my brother in law and sister in law so they could be in our family pictures, but noone would go get them (pictures were taken off site, like, a 3 minute walk across the bridge, they waited at the cocktail).    We decided we’d take pictures with them at the reception hall, but things got away from us, and we didn’t get them.   I wish we’d gotten a good pic with them, but it’s not the end of the world.

Post # 4
1137 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@Sadiepoo:  everything looks so gorgeous! Amazing! Could we get a  closer look to those centerpieces? Hehe

Post # 7
1679 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@Sadiepoo:  congrats to you and your daughter! Beautiful wedding!!

Only regrets I have is not getting a huge group photo (we had 75 guests so it would have been doable) and the wedding coordinator we hired was absolutely awful. by the time we realized how horrible she was, it was too far along in the planning process to hire someone different. Luckily she didn’t cause too much trouble the day of, although she did bring her husband as her assistant & they bickered the whole day, incredibly unprofessional, & she played the wrong song for our recessesional! For someone who is supposed to alleviate stress, she did the exact opposite!

Post # 8
1137 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@Sadiepoo:  so gorgeous, I am making my faux milk glass. I am planning to mix it up with some regular  glass too. I hope it looks as great as this,

Post # 9
1570 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

It looks beautiful. 

As to pictures, we are giving photographer list of pictures.  My dad has agreed, we will take a couple with SM, but she will not be in most. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors