(Closed) 1 week to go…freaking out

posted 5 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
289 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Maybe it’s”cold feet”. When you start to get panicked because it is a big step. Which for no other reason probably isn’t being helped that your FI is not here to calm you and be your rock. You are under a lot of stress at the moment it’s understandable that you would have a freak out of some kind. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m sure everything will be better after he comes home, and you get moved, and married, the stress will melt away, you will remember that you want to spend the rest of your life with him for better or worse and you will look back on this freak out and laugh. well maybe not right away but someday soon! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 5
9626 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

Reasons you’re freaking out: 

Your wedding is next weekend

Your wedding is next weekend

LOL.  Sorry, I’m sure that doesn’t help.  I think freaking out at a time like this is normal.  Hopefully once your FI is home and in your arms he will be able to give you the comfort you need.

I wish you all the best!  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 6
5968 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2018

Ok…put the book down.   Breathe …and know that you made the right choice, and that whatever happens, you guys will be fine…whenever I start to freak out, and it only happens when I’m alone, I turn on the tv, just for background noise and call my Mom…she has the answers to all of life’s questions…and I sit on the couch, or the floor in your case and start listing all the good things I got going for me, the stuff that’s freaking me out, but is not my area, and remind myself that it’s all going to work out fine!

Post # 8
5968 posts
Bee Keeper

@ambereyez:  Hey, from one Kookey lady to another, being alone sounds great, until you actually are, and then your brain keys itself up and before your know it, your breaking plates and crying while listening to Natalie Cole as the dogs hide under the dining room table…look, I’m not proud of it, but I am a crazy person and I know better than to trust something as liquid and evolutionary as my marriage to a book, AND no matter how old a person gets, sometimes they just need some distraction…call a girlfriend, go get your nails done, do a movie night, slumber party…keep light…with oreos…yeah..oreos….

Post # 10
5968 posts
Bee Keeper

@ambereyez:  When I bought my house i was single, my parents were in Switzerland and I was alone…I remember sitting in my big empty living room crying my eyes out wondering why in the hell I needed a house when it was just me and the cat, I was alone…and I was pathetic…but I just called my Mom, and went out for a night of tapas with my best friend and that week I met the man I would end up marrying nine months later…so I may be crazy..but all the best people are….so don’t be too hard on yourself and what the hell does a pastor know about marriage anyway?  He only sees folks going in, when they’re all happy and euphoric about crab cakes and chair covers…you wanna know whose going to make the cut…go talk to a divorce lawyer…they know what it takes…. 

Post # 12
9626 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@Nona99:  I agree!  I’ve never met a single pastor with any clue whatsoever about marriage.

We’re not going for any type of pre-wedding counseling.  As long as you know each other well, have discussed life’s major issues and love each other madly, you’ll be just fine.  ๐Ÿ™‚  Getting married is a leap of faith for anyone, whether they’ve had counseling or not.

Post # 14
5968 posts
Bee Keeper

@ambereyez:  …pastor approved book….I’d be a lot more impressed if it came with a bottle of pastor approved scotch, they’re all drinkers you know…otherwise they’d explode. 

Here’s some pre-marital math:

Book + Number 2 Pencil x (You + FI) = Happy Marriage

Hell yeah..algebra

Post # 15
9626 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@Nona99:   You’re a genius!

@ambereyez:  Keep in mind that guy is just trying to sell books, anyway.  I bet his wife would give the real scoop, lol.

Post # 16
5968 posts
Bee Keeper

@Sunfire:  You can’t argue with math…it’s quantified…or something

The topic ‘1 week to go…freaking out’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors