(Closed) 1-year Anniversary Gift Ideas

posted 8 years ago in Married Life
Post # 3
624 posts
Busy bee

Wow you are close…congrats!  Unfortunatley I have about a year to go 😉 but are you thinking you want to stick with the traditional gifts?  If so, 1st would be paper.  What is your Darling Husband into?  I came across customized playing cards and thought about putting DH’s favorite wedding pic of us on there.  Other ideas: tickets to a sports game, or concert for that matter and magazine subscription.

If you want to go super cheesy, create a journal discussing your first year of marriage, the trips you took if you took any, any big life changes.

Post # 4
10851 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

Congrats! I was going to suggest something like Pendola. Plane tickets, theatre tickets, that sort of thing. A love letter? Make a book on blurb or shutterfly of your favourite moments together as a couple or of the wedding? If you get really desperate, buy him something he’ll love online and print off a photo of it, LOL!

Post # 5
6010 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

I’m following the 1st anniversary = paper tradition: http://indigonight.com/.  This company makes a poster of the way the night sky looked at a certain location on a certain date.  I thought it was a kinda cool/cheesy way to commemorate our wedding date.  🙂

Post # 6
626 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

For V-day I made Darling Husband a scrapbook with pictures from our first date all the way up to now and he loved it.  He said it was the best gift he ever got.

Other things I have gotten him that he loved were: Nice Dog Tag that was engraved, and ID bracelet that was engraved, Nintendo WII, PSP, Guitar..

I don’t know what your Darling Husband is into but it’s definitely a big gesture day. I love the idea of surprising him with a trip or maybe tickets to a sports game or a concert. 

Post # 7
2015 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2009

We had a destination wedding in one of our favorite towns ever, and for our first anniversary, we’re going back because we felt like we didn’t get to walk around town and enjoy it as much on the wedding weekend.

We also always regretted never getting a day-after session, so we’re doing a photo shoot with our photographer. We’re still trying decide if we want to dress up in our wedding clothes again, or if we want to do something else.

I don’t plan on getting him an extravagant gift, though. We decided early on that we wouldn’t give gifts for anniversaries until we hit the five-year mark because we would rather save the money and travel and give ourselves vacations rather than gifts. Whatever we give each other will be small and not super expensive.

Post # 8
624 posts
Busy bee

Very cool Mrs. Spring!

Post # 9
1363 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

I’m going to frame an 8 x 10 of one of the photos of our ceremony, along with copy of our vows that we each used at the ceremony.  I am thinking that I may splurge on a nice frame that would coordinate with our ketubah (Jewish marriage contract) but I haven’t priced it out so I have no idea whether that’s even really an option.

Post # 10
1 posts
  • Wedding: November 2007

I hard a hard time thinking what to get as well for a long time and then decided I wanted to do something with my wedding photos since it’s more personal. I ended up ordering a jigsaw puzzle and some playing cards at http://www.printerstudio.com. The thing is that it doesn’t cost a lot like traditional gifts but I defintely think that it meant more.

The topic ‘1-year Anniversary Gift Ideas’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors