1 year ANNIVERSARY! Help!

posted 3 years ago in Married Life
Post # 3
3089 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@Bwed2012:  I ordered a picture from http://indigonight.com/

They recreate how the stars were alligned on any date.  They just so happened to have the skyline of the city we got married in, so I couldn’t resist!!

Post # 5
3344 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013 - Rhode Island

@Brideonabudgetlauren:  Wow, that sounds awesome!!  Can you share a pic of what it looked like?  Did you get it framed?

Post # 6
2360 posts
Buzzing bee

@Bwed2012:  The traditional gift for the first anniversary is paper.  What about tickets to a show or a game?  Happy anniversary, btw — I can’t believe it’s been a year for us October 2012 brides 🙂

Post # 7
7997 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2013

Steak and a BJ? 😛

I’d probably plan a special dinner to a restaurant that we both love.

I’m very type A so I would have already figured out if we were getting each other gifts, and budget, and probably told him where we’re going LOL.

Post # 8
3089 posts
Sugar bee

@Christy42213:  I’m getting it framed soon.  Our anniversary isn’t until October 21st (I just got really excited when I found it!)  It’s in my car, but I will get  a picture and send it to you!

Post # 10
1160 posts
Bumble bee

@Bwed2012:  Ahh I was JUST about to post a thread on this when I saw your post! We’re date twins, happy anniversary to you guys too!

So, since the first anniversary is the “paper” anniversary, I was thinking about doing something like what Mrs. Ballet Flat did… http://www.weddingbee.com/2010/06/11/our-first-anniversary-his-gift/  I think that’s super cute, along with maybe something else small.

Depending on your budget, I’ve also heard of people getting tickets (either plane tickets for a “second honeymoon” or concert/sporting event tickets) since they’re also paper. Other cute ideas I’ve heard are people getting a giant map and putting push pins in the places they’ve been together, and different color pins for places they’d like to go.

Post # 11
2319 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Happy Anniversary 🙂

I second the idea of a nice dinner.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors