(Closed) 1 Year Anniversary Photo Shoot

posted 4 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
Hostess
7568 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: January 2013

I think it’s a little strange to wear wedding attire if you’re not having a wedding or a vow renewal. If it were me I would probably dress up just a little, like people do for engagement shoots. However, you’re not me so do whatever you want to do! 

Post # 5
960 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@AlwaysSunny:  +1

I wouldn’t wear the wedding dress either, but if you do want that just let your husband know as it would be reallllly odd if you’re in a wedding dress and he is in dress pants and a polo haha

Post # 7
24025 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@shelleym75:  Definitely a party dress!  I so wish I could get DH to be on board with more photo shoots.  I floated this idea to him once and he looked at me shockingly and said “Why??” Haha! 😛  Have a great time with your photo shoot!

Post # 9
11227 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

@pengoala:  I know what you mean. We didn’t even know about engagement pics like the ones I’ve seen on WB. We just had formal portraits (i.e. close ups) taken in studio for those. I would love to have a fun and romantic photo shoot with DH, but I don’t think he sees any need for it.

Post # 11
1125 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

We are doing this, my husband is even renting a tux. I gained quite a bit of weight in the engagement and hate my photos so I plan to lose weight, have the dress altered and we are going to do the pictures on our anniversary

Post # 13
1729 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I convinced my husband to gift me an anniversary shoot for our 1 year this July… we’ll be in Paris then and are having a great photographer take photos of us around the city! I can’t wait!

We also just did photo shoot this past weekend in our wedding attire. It wasn’t entirely planned; we were kind of doing a modeling favor for the photographer and we get to keep the pictures. It was so fun to be in our wedding clothes again so far after the wedding and get to be romantic and silly and not rushed! (I’m still shocked I got my husband to agree to it!)

I say go for it! Wear what will make you happy!

Post # 15
2363 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@shelleym75:  Why not do some pics in your wedding attire and then do a costume change?  Then you get the best of both worlds.

FWIW, I don’t think it’s silly to wear your wedding dress again.  I had planned to do this to get editorial shots that we couldn’t do on our wedding day (like wearing the dress in the grocery store) but unfortunately the dress no longer fits 😮

Post # 16
513 posts
Busy bee

@shelleym75:  I have seen some really cute pictures on pinterest of couples who got dressed in their wedding attire on their anniversary. I think they were eating their wedding cake too. I think it would be really cute if you wore your dress and something you’d wear everyday, like a cardigan or headband.

The topic ‘1 Year Anniversary Photo Shoot’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors