(Closed) 1 year anniversary what did you do

posted 6 years ago in Married Life
Post # 3
4327 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 1992

Not sure. This is a question I have to answer as well. Hopefully you get lots of great answers.

Post # 4
18645 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

We went to the Gulf coast for our anniversary.  We aren’t really gift people so we didn’t buy gifts for eachother.

Post # 5
1444 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

We are going on a vacation down the west coast to California.  We leave in two days!  I’m stoked.  πŸ™‚  For our honeymoon, we went to 4 different amusement parks across the country (rollercoaster enthusiasts), so we’re going to 3 parks next week (2 that we’ve never been to!).  I also bought him tickets to see Dave Matthews at the Gorge, and scrapbooked a bunch of pictures of us along with the lyrics of “You and Me”…and tucked the tickets in the back as a surprise.  πŸ™‚

Post # 6
1245 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

We’re going to Miami for a whole week! I am SO VERY EXCITED!

Post # 7
7152 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

We didn’t save any cake from our wedding, because we didn’t want to eat year old cake. So, i got our baker to make a replica of our top tier. I invited family an dfriends over to have cake and punch with us and to celebrate. It was a surprise for hubby. I also got all of his watch batteries replaced to go along with the “clock” traditional gift.

Post # 8
1820 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

We visit on a long weekend trip to the place where we got engaged.  :o)

Post # 9
2702 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Well the orginal plan was to take a trip to Napa for our one year. But I got a new job and I start at the beginning of June and I can’t take any vacation for the first six months. So IF we go it will be about a month later, in December.

Post # 10
2196 posts
Buzzing bee

Wow, all you ladies have such wonderful plans!!!! Darling Husband and I have not made plans yet, but will likely go back to the resort we got married and enjoy dinner together, maybe do the spa before hand. πŸ™‚ I am thinking I’m going to try and arrange a visit to the place we got engaged, just for old times sake!

We are going to Switzerland/Austria for 2.5 weeks in September, so that will be our “belated” anniversary gift. πŸ™‚

Post # 11
6998 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

We went to Gatlinburg TN for a weekend in the woods. We got the cutest little one bedroom cabin on the very top of this mountain. It was an amazing and snowed all weekend! Our cake lady even made us a fresh replica of our cake topper. It was delicious!

Turks and Caicos sounds wonderful!

Post # 12
381 posts
Helper bee

Money is tight this year, so no trip. But we will open a bottle of champagne leftover from our wedding, eat the top tier of our cake and probably recreate our wedding meal at home. I plan to wear my white rehearsal dress, and we will listen to our wedding ceremony (we have a recording, no video), look at our album, and just enjoy the time together.

As for a paper gift, I plan to bind all our wedding cards into a little album to reflect on each year. I also made him this framed gift (the back paper is handwritten music–one of our best friends and my husband’s best man is a composer and wrote a piece of music to text we selected that was sung at our wedding) then map hearts from where we met, married and live–kind of used bakerellas idea!

Finally, we decided that each anniversarry we will select a bottle of wine or champagne and use a silver sharpie to write memories from the previous year and hopes for the next–then we will open it the next anniversary!

The topic ‘1 year anniversary what did you do’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors