1 year old's b-day party

posted 3 years ago in Babies
Post # 3
11772 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2013

You could send a $5 board book, but it’s not really necessary!

Post # 4
4540 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Royalton White Sands

I don’t think there is any etiquette on this. You can send a present if you want (there are plenty of great $5-$10 gifts for that age) or you can just send the card. Either is totally fine!

Post # 5
6644 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

I would just a send card with money and be done with it. This way the parents can use it to see what fits with their child

Post # 6
42453 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@Mint2BMrsB:  I would only send a card. This couple is pushing the boundaries if etiquette as far as I am concerned. If  the intent is not to solicit a cross country gift from someone they know cannot attend, but to just keep you informed, I think a card or email from them would suffice.

Post # 7
5207 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2013

@Mint2BMrsB:  you can send a card without a gift. The kid is not going to hold it against you, I promise 😉

Post # 8
1959 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@julies1949:  +1! Sounds like the parents might be soliciting gifts. I would just send a card. 

Post # 9
1312 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - NH

I would send a card…if you decide to send anything else, maybe you can use a coupon and make them a cute photo collage for a couple of dollars at walgreens/cvs (check for coupons) that they can frame with pics of the baby over the first year.

Post # 10
7193 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@Mint2BMrsB: I don’t know the exact etiquette, but I will say this: a child has one baptism but lots of birthdays. So IMHO (in my humble opinion) there’s nothing wrong with sending a gift only for his/her baptism. Send a birthday gift and you might feel obliged to keep doing it for the next 18 years!

Post # 12
1147 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@Mint2BMrsB:  I would send a card but if you feel like a gift is necessary I always give books or PJ’s & they’re useful and a big hit. 

Post # 13
234 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

@Mint2BMrsB:  You sent a gift for the baptism that’s enough. They probably had a baby shower and everything already. Just send a card expressing your joy for their baby turning one, and maybe a framed picture or something small, but I would not spend more than a couple of bucks

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors