(Closed) 1 Year Re-proposal

posted 5 years ago in Proposals
Post # 3
2076 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - British Columbia

I take it your wife is a hopeless romantic! What are her favourite romantic movies?

If you are going to fly away with her on a vacation, you could try do something similar to what Adam Sandler did with the PA on the plane in the Wedding Singer. 🙂

Post # 4
2055 posts
Buzzing bee

@violetshanty: Does she want a huge public proposal? 

Bc I think that an intimate, well-thought out proposal in your favourite place with a lot of personal touches (food/wine she loves, cake from your wedding, romantic music, her favourite flowers, a handwritten card/letter, etc.) is just lovely and will definitely knock her socks off (esp. since you are working so hard to give her her “perfect proposal”).

Post # 5
229 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

Uhm. Call me cynical. But I think the ship has sailed. 

Are you planning on asking her ‘will you marry me?’..

‘I think in this situation i would be doing something like a big romantic gesture to explain feelingsand promise ongoing commitment… But I have no idea what kind of question you would ask. You are already married. And asking her something like ‘will you spend your life with me?’ Or something… Well that was already established at the wedding. Sorry to be a negative Nelly… 

Post # 6
23636 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

What about a private vow renewal? A romantic trip somewhere perhaps?  Maybe she’s just asking for more romantic gestures.  If I’m being honest, I also agree that there shouldn’t have to be a re-proposal at this point!

Post # 7
11752 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

How can you prpoose to her when you are already married? Makes no sense to me. Sorry, but your wife seems like a real piece of work. She needs to get over the fact the propsal wasn’t what she’d hoped, it’s kind of a ridiculous thing to be obsessing over still after you’ve already been married for a year.  

Post # 8
405 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@MrsWBS:  I’m going to agree with you here.

In all honesty, how often do people ask you about the proposal after the wedding? I’m not married yet, but even right after the engagement everyone was far more concerned with the ring than they were with the proposal.

OP, if you feel like you need to re-do something, I would recommend a private vow-renewal at some tropical destination. You really can’t re-do a proposal after you are already married (you know b/c asking “will you marry me?” when you’re already married seems silly), but you can do a vow-renewal.

Post # 9
2122 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014 - Baby #2 due Sep 2017

@violetshanty:  She’ll be expecting it since she asked so don’t do anything for a few months. For that wow factor you’ll have to catch her off her guard! Maybe when driving somewhere scenic suddenly stop the car, get out and present an eternity band that matches her wedding set and reaffirm your feelings, how happy she makes you and future hopes and dreams 🙂

The topic ‘1 Year Re-proposal’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors