1 year since my wedding day and I'm still not over something…

posted 3 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
2666 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 1996

@MusiqueEstVie:  I’m so sorry you’re having a hard time getting over this! Maybe after your baby is born, you and your DH could hire a photographer to take some lovely new-baby-plus-parents (and maybe include your own family members as well?) photos, and having those would make you feel better?

Post # 4
1715 posts
Bumble bee

I’m sorry all of that happened, but I’m glad your mother recovered and was able to be there. 

When a bride has this type of wedding experience, the first thing that comes to my mind to make it better is a vow renewal. It doesn’t need to be big or elaborate, it doesn’t need to be expensive, it just needs to be a good experience. Now, I don’t know when you would be able to do this, or how much money you would be able to spend on it, but they can be worked into family vacations pretty easily and at a reasonable cost.

The thought of this option alone can make brides feel better, because it makes it clear that an event such as this that did not go well can be redone and they can have that experience they wanted to begin with. 

The reason why I offer this as a solution instead of giving you a “Buck up, things could have been worse response”, or something like that, is because you have very valid reasons for feeling the way you do, and I don’t think words are all you need. I think you need a do-over. A wedding without the stress of worrying about your mother’s health, a wedding with a good photographer, and a wedding where you just might be able to pick out the dress with your mom.  

This can be remedied. You can have the wedding experience that you want. 

Post # 7
3222 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

@MusiqueEstVie:  as I read your post, all I could think of was that you need a vow renewal to be able to truly experience and enjoy the wedding you wanted but did not get. I would seriously put the wedding photos away and just focus on being married, your new baby, and a potential vow renewal!

Post # 8
2786 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@MusiqueEstVie:  Redo!!!! Just have a nice little vow renewal, or even a fun party on a anniversary, maybe a 5th anniversary. Buy a cute dress and have fun, get a better photog. Things are always redeamable. 

Post # 9
2052 posts
Buzzing bee

@MusiqueEstVie:  I agree with the others about a vow renewal but I have a follow up thought/question…

Is there anyway to hold the photog liable for this?  Maybe a law suit?  Angies list?  Who cares about the party pics of guest…this person should have been getting pics of the bride and groom, and their parents for sure.  It’s not like they are hard to pick out at weddings!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors