1 Year today!!!!!!!!! Aug 23 brides???

posted 3 years ago in August 2014
Post # 3
1015 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

@countrygirl12:  ME!!! I’m so excited! Also a little anxious now that we’re at the year mark! We also have our venue and officiant picked, my bridesmaids have all said yes, and now I’m close to choosing a photographer. Next up will be finding a DJ!

Post # 4
1670 posts
Bumble bee

YAAAAAAAAAAAY! My mom called me this morning and was like “do you know where you will be in one year” and I started freaking out a little bit. In a good way!

We’re getting married at the university club where my father is a member. It’s gorgeous. I’m pretty stoked. 

I can’t believe it is a year out. FI said last night that it is going so fast, when we started planning in earnest it seemed SO ridiculously far away, and it was just back in April when we started booking things. Time has flown!

Post # 5
1531 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

The year mark flies by ladies so enjoy!!:)also, August is a great month;)

Post # 6
141 posts
Blushing bee

Me! I also got emails and calls today, most notably my mother letting me know the day near wedding site was sunny and beautiful =)

Post # 7
34 posts
Newbee

Date twins! 🙂  The fiance got me flowers and a card with “Happy -1 Anniversary” written in it.  Man, I love that nerd.  It’s finally starting to sink in that this thing is happening.  So far, we’ve got our venue + caterer, and we’re in contract negotiations with a photographer and DJ.  All my bridesmaids are on board, and I will be dress shopping for the first time in a few weeks with my MOH.

Post # 8
Hostess
4941 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@countrygirl12:  Hooooray! Enjoy every minute, you’ll be amazed how fast the next 12 months go by!

Post # 9
167 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014 - Traverse City

Yay, more Aug 23 brides!!!! We are getting married in Traverse City, MI!  The ceremony will potentially be at a vineyard (touring next weekend), the reception is a ballroom overlooking the Grand Traverse Bay. 

Post # 10
511 posts
Busy bee

Yay I’m August 23 as well, best date ever 😀 I’m still not over the excitement of having it because it’s the one we wanted all along, but our venue originally said they were booked on that day. We only got it thanks to a lucky cancellation. I can’t believe a year from today I’ll be married and on my honeymoon. I can’t wait!

Post # 11
677 posts
Busy bee

Aww, I’m the day after!

Post # 12
1670 posts
Bumble bee

So we’re 11 months out. September went ALARMINGLY FAST is this whole year going to be this fast? I am starting to get nervous!

I feel like I must be so behind ugh though I can’t really think of much else that I need to do right now. I’m getting a bunch done when I go home for Christmas. Not living where I’m getting married is a little irritating at this point. I would love to meet with the florist and discuss ideas, and I don’t really trust my mom to do it for me, though she is 100% the champion of all things wedding. 

I feel like this is the deceptive lull before the storm, where I have all the major vendors booked and it’s too early to start fiddling with the smaller details. 

I just ordered veil swatches to compare to my dress, I think I’m going to buy the veil next month. 

Post # 13
3557 posts
Sugar bee

I missed this the first time around. We’re August 23rd too. I missed it because it’s our anniversary and we were off riding rollercoasters :). I checked the weather at our venue for the last 7 years and it hasn’t rained once. I feel like I’ve accomplished quite a bit in the last month: hired our photog, found invitations, figured out some floral stuff, helped my mom find her dress, and we’re meeting with out offciant tonight.

Post # 14
532 posts
Busy bee

I’m gonna jump in this thread too because I don’t think anyone else in here is having a Friday wedding. I’m August 22nd!

Post # 16
1499 posts
Bumble bee

10 months away!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors