posted 3 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
1654 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

YAY! I was just going to start one.

Age (if you care to share): 27, DH 34

TTC since: April 2013

Issues (if any): DH has low sperm count and low testosterone.

Chart? haven’t really been charting much but http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/wanderinggypsy

Currently: cd 9

Supplements/how are you going about your BFP:  prenatals when I remember (trying to be better), I think we’re going to try BDing every third day instead of every other, give DH more time to build up his count. DH started taking Clomid a few days ago, so far no huge side effects.  I’m trying to remember to chart, but I’ve been sleeping in more than normal so it’s been counterproductive.

When I get my BFP, I’ll celebrate by: honestly, I can’t even think about that since it feels like that (if it ever happens) is so far away. I’m trying to focus on each day as it comes.

If it’s not this cycle, we’ll: keep trying. Next month DH has another SA with a new lab, we’ll see where he is. And after 3 months of DH being on Clomid we will see if it’s had any effect on his men.  Our next steps kind of depend on his results. If there is improvement we are willing to wait a bit more to see how much improvement we can get, if there is very minimal improvement but we reach the 10 mil/ml mark (our doctor’s minimum for IUI) we will start getting my tests done etc. and start the process of IUI.

Since TTC after 12+ cycles (or with IF) issues, is a very different experience than a fertile couple trying in the first month, how do you stay connected to your SO?

We try to be very honest with eachother, we don’t dwell on the bad parts of TTC with infertility, we take it day by day and we just try to be there for eachother. Date nights, dinners out, movies, cuddling in bed.  We try to keep the baby talk to a minimum.

Just for fun…What are you most looking forward to this Spring/Summer?

We don’t have too much planned, hopefully some family will come visit.  We’ll probably go on a small vaction or two. Mostly just relaxing. Last year was crazy with travelling all the time so I’m looking forward to just spending time at home and doing things around the house!

Carried over from other thread:

@Yellow.Clover: thanks for thinking of me!  He’s on Fertilaid right now, we might try adding count boost as well but we want to see how he does with the other stuff first. Waiting sucks, but it’s the best way to REALLY see what is working and what isn’t.

(edited for the new question) 🙂

Post # 5
1015 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

UPDATE:

Today’s beta was 712. That’s the first time I’ve actually had it double. So the numbers have been:
8dpt: 127
10dpt: 234
12dpt: 324
14dpt: 712

I’m hoping that means that initially both took, but then one stopped. But its still too early. My RE said we should still keep our expectations in check, and expect a 15% success rate, even if the actual chances are higher. I’ll go back on Wednesday for another blood draw and a sonogram, and we just have to hope we see a sack, and that it’s not ectopic (he also warned us that that was possibility, albeit a minute one). We’ll obviously do the sonogram before there are blood results, so if we see nothing, that may be heads up that we won’t be getting good beta news. He said they can usually see something when the beta reaches 1000. If this doesn’t end as we’d hope, then he’d like to do a D&C and test it, but it would need to get to the point where he can see something on an ultrasound before he can do that.

Post # 7
1033 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@MrsMonty11:  thanks! We are excited! GL with the blood work/us tomorrow. 

Post # 8
1654 posts
Bumble bee

@HopefulForLittleOne:  That is great news that it doubled! FX that it continues to double!!!

@MrsMonty11:  no problem. I always get nervous about starting threads too.  I’m not familiar with Femara at all but good luck! I hope everything is looking a-okay! 🙂

Post # 11
236 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@MrsMonty11:  Yay for a new thread! Thanks! Hopefully all your bloodwork comes back normal!!

@HopefulForLittleOne:  Still thinking of you! I love that your doctor is honest and isn’t setting you guys up to be let down…while we obviously hope that the news is great, it’s so important to take each day one at a time and keep the hopes in check.  But, your numbers seem great and that means it’s definitely a cause for a big smile today!! xoxo

Age (if you care to share): I’m 28 and DH is 32

TTC since: March 2013

Issues (if any): PCOS & hydrosalpinx on right fallopian tube 

Chart?: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/ethorn13

Currently: CD 4 of 11th cycle TTC

Supplements/how are you going about your BFP: Prenatal, just started taking metformin for PCOS; scheduled for laporoscopic surgery on Feb 27th to have the right fallopian tube removed and to assess the left tube

When I get my BFP, I’ll celebrate by: Honestly, I’ll be in shock and probably cry due to fear…I’ll likely remained scared as hell until the child is born, too!!

If it’s not this cycle, we’ll: Well, I’m pretty certain it WON’T be this cycle…my surgery is scheduled for right around my anticipated fertile window…so we wil probably miss out on my “fertile days.”  If the left tube appears to be ok, we will probably try for 1 or 2 more cycles, then see if the metformin is working my cycles become more regular.  If not, possibly add clomid to the mix.  If the metformin is working, we may try for another 1 or 2 cycles before we request clomid.  If the left tube is damageD, we will proceed directly to IVF. 

Since TTC after 12+ cycles (or with IF) issues, is a very different experience than a fertile couple trying in the first month, how do you stay connected to your SO? We just try to keep baby talk light and humorous.  We know that IVF is definitely something we may need…so we have become comfortable with this and we often joke with our family that we can’t do any big vacations or make large purchases because we are saving up to “buy a baby.” 🙂

Just for fun…What are you most looking forward to this Spring/Summer? We are going to VA Beach in April for a long weekend to visit friends (we moved from VA Beach to RI in July 2013), and then the following week we are going to Florida for my husband’s sisters graduation from rad tech school for a week! YAY!

Post # 13
236 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@wandering_gypsy:  Thanks!

Also, ladies – I am going to try to keep tabs on this thread a little better this time! I tried to keep up with the last thread, but I would go a few days without checking in and I felt like I had missed so much and couldn’t catch up!! So, I ended up being a little quiet…

Post # 14
1654 posts
Bumble bee

@ethorn13:  total ditto on that one. It would move pretty fast, taking a day or two off and you could barely catch up! 🙂

Post # 15
1959 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Hi there, I’ve been lurking for a while now and with Part Eleven starting up I figured now is the time.  It hasn’t been a full year of trying yet but we are facing some fertility issues.  I know you ladies are super supportive and helpful and that’s really what I need right now.  We are preparing for a long road, as we just found out DH has MFI issues.  Here’s my roll call:

Age (if you care to share): 32, DH will be 32 in a few months

TTC since: June 2013

Issues (if any): Low sperm count (5.5mil), low motility (27% if I remember correctly), low morphology (3%)

Chart? http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/MrsBananas

Currently: CD 9

Supplements/how are you going about your BFP: Prenatals for me, Fertilaid for Men, CountBoost & MotilityBoost for hubs.  Going to try BDing EOD starting tonight or tomorrow. DH is doing his 2nd SA in 2 weeks and then getting a referral to a Urologist.  My first RE appointment is tomorrow. 

When I get my BFP, I’ll celebrate by: Most likely crying.

If it’s not this cycle, we’ll: Continue on with testing, see what Drs say. 

Since TTC after 12+ cycles (or with IF) issues, is a very different experience than a fertile couple trying in the first month, how do you stay connected to your SO?  Not too sure yet.  We just found about these issues 1 month ago.

Just for fun…What are you most looking forward to this Spring/Summer?  We have a trailer at a rec site so I can’t wait to de-winterize it and spend some relaxing weekends there.

Post # 16
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Age (if you care to share): I’m 33 and DH is 34

TTC since: October 2012 although since we found out in November 2013 that DH has zero count and a blockage I admit we havn’t really tried at all.

Issues (if any): DH has a cyst that is being removed next week and a zero count (hopefully due to the cyst). I also have an overactive thyroid which I am waiting to have removed and can’t do anything whilst on my current medication.

Chart?: 

Currently: CD 1

Supplements/how are you going about your BFP: No supplements at the moment. Waiting for the surgery for DH and then see what the doctors say from there.

When I get my BFP, I’ll celebrate by: Being in total shock!!!

If it’s not this cycle, we’ll: We need to wait to see what the doctor says to start trying again.

Since TTC after 12+ cycles (or with IF) issues, is a very different experience than a fertile couple trying in the first month, how do you stay connected to your SO? We just try not to think about it to much and enjoy our lives. Dh doesn’t like to talk about TTC 🙁

Just for fun…What are you most looking forward to this Spring/Summer? We are going on holiday with friends in May and are both godparents for my best friends little girl in April so we have lots to look forward to.

AFM: I am a long time lurker and occasional poster but I find it hard to keep up with everything!

Congrats with all of the BFP’s and fingers crossed we have many more graduates this thread.

We are waiting for surgery for DH to remove a cyst which we are hoping is causing a blockage and that is why he has a zero count. His surgery is booked for next Tuesday so hopefully by the middle of next week we will know what the next step is.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors