1+ Year TTC Part IX. Keeping hope alive…Let's get those BFP's

posted 3 years ago in TTC
Post # 4
1212 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Age (if you care to share): 33, DH is also 33

TTC since: Jan 2012…rapidly approaching the 2 year mark

Issues (if any): Primarily severe MFI.  I had a small uterine septum that was probably not a problem, but which we repaired.  Here’s my run-down in case anyone wants to keep track…Jan 2013, fresh IVF, single transfer –> chemical pregnancy; April 2013ish, FET –> BFN; June 2013, FET –> BFN, Sept 2013, started fresh IVF #2, complicated by OHSS so couldn’t do fresh transfer, had FET last week. All of my FET’s have been single embryo.

Chart?: Nope

Currently: Waiting to see how this FET went…my HCG date is in two days.

Supplements/how are you going about your BFP: See above. 🙂

When I get my BFP, I’ll celebrate by: I don’t think I’ll truly celebrate or relax until I’ve seen the ultrasound, and even then I’ll be pretty stressed until the end of the first trimester. 

If it’s not this cycle, we’ll: Do another FET with our remaining blastocyst.  I know my doctor will want to do some more advanced testing just to see if anything else might be wrong before that.  If that doesn’t work we’ll move on to IVF #3. 

Despite the heartache…what has this infertility journey made you greatful for:
Well, it has made me grateful that modern science has allowed me to even have the possibility of having children.  If this had been just 30 years ago my DH and I would have been childless for sure.  And, though my journey has been hard, I know others’ who have been even harder so I’m thankful, for example, that at least we have blastocysts to work with, etc.  I’m definitely thankful that we are in the financial position to be able to do so many IVF’s…I know not everyone is that lucky.  And I’m very very grateful for all the “strangers” from the U.S. and abroad that I’ve met on this board who have been such great support and true friends.

Just for fun…Which film from your childhood are you most looking forward to sharing with your future children? 
Oh fun! Hmm… I love Wall-E…it’s one I’d be happy to watch with my kids!  I know DH is excited about sharing Ghostbusters…he just watched it again this Halloween!

@Novella:  Sorry about your BFN’s.  Maybe starting the thread will be lucky!  It has been for many other thread starters!

My update is that I POAS with FMU today…BFN.  It’s 6dp6dt…hoping maybe it’s just a tad early.  Sigh.

Post # 5
1212 posts
Bumble bee

p.s. – I wonder if we should start a new WB 1+ TTC tradition and cap off each of the 1+ TTC threads with the list of who graduated and got their BFP’s during that last thread round?  Maybe as the last post of the old thread?  Or someplace in the new thread?  I’m horrible at keeping track so am not the person to do this, but it might be a nice way to keep up the hope!  

Post # 6
1810 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Age (if you care to share): 32 (soon to be 33 – EEK!) DH 36

TTC since: End of June/beginning of July 2011

Issues (if any): Unexplained

Chart?: Nope

Currently:  CD 2 Cycle 30

Supplements/how are you going about your BFP: IUI #3

When I get my BFP, I’ll celebrate by: Not to be a Debbie Downer but lately I just haven’t even been able to imagine getting a BFP, seems so unattainable

If it’s not this cycle, we’ll: Have a meltdown, pick ourselves back up , dust off and go for IUI #4. I have an appointment with our RE Dec 16 to discuss further monitoring as our IUIs have been blind, unmonitored (just go in the day after a + OPK).

Despite the heartache…what has this infertility journey made you greatful for: I have met so many wonderful positive women on WB that perservered and have been truely inspiring. (I hope you don’t all disappear after you get your BFPs)

Just for fun…Which film from your childhood are you most looking forward to sharing with your future children? Anything Disney and National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation! I can’t wait to share old and start new family traditions 

Post # 7
1810 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@Novella:  Sorry for the BFN 🙁

@nyckitten:  I am so sorry about the BFN, but I am still holding out hope for you. I love the idea of ending the threads with the graduates.

Post # 10
1034 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@Novella:  LOVE this. Can’t wait for all the graduates from this thread!

Post # 11
1212 posts
Bumble bee

@Novella:  Thanks for doing the BFP list!  As for your TMI question, I also find it really difficult to sort out the CM vs “leftovers” question!  I’ve definitely noticed what I think to be “leftovers” on the next day.  One way I try to tell (no idea how accurate this is) is that my EWCM is pure clear colored, whereas the leftovers seem to have a bit more of a whitish / opaque color…how’s that for TMI for you! 🙂 

Post # 12
3153 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Age (if you care to share): 31; DH 29

TTC since: Sept 2011; NTNP since May 2009

Issues (if any): PCOS

Chart?: I do but there’s not much to it at the moment. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/yellowclover

Currently: 10dpiui

Supplements/how are you going about your BFP: Clomid, GonalF, Ovidrel, Prometrium. Prenatals, VitD 2800iu, CoQ10 100mg, VitC, B50 Complex, Calcium Magnisium Zinc.

When I get my BFP, I’ll celebrate by: In order: Picking myself up off the floor, crying tears of joy, shaking, praising God, screaming for DH to come look, and breath a huge sigh of relief until all the anxiety starts back up again 😉

If it’s not this cycle, we’ll: We’re going to go back to NTNP for several months

Despite the heartache…what has this infertility journey made you greatful for: I’m grateful for it has strengthened my faith and brought me closer to God. I’m grateful for it has strengthened my relationship with DH. I’m grateful for the strength it has given me to pick myself up each day and continue on. Finally, I’m thankful for meeting each and every one of you and the friendship I’ve built with several of the ladies from WB.

Just for fun…Which film from your childhood are you most looking forward to sharing with your future children? My favorite is Cinderella, but I’d have to say all the Disney movies from when I was a child. DH has a whole list and has actually started collecting DVDs of his childhood favorites to share with our babies.

@Novella: Thank you for starting the new thread; I love the roll call questions! I hope the thread starter luck finds you! 🙂

@nyckitten: Ugh!! I’m so, so sorry hun!! I’ve got everything crossed that your beta shows something different! X

@lonsk: So sorry about CD1, but even more happy that you’ll get to start IUI #4!! Woohoo!!! I’ve got everything crossed that this IS it! X

@nyckitten: @Novella: Great idea about the list!

AFM; I had an amazing weekend that I really didn’t want it to end. But here I am back to reality! This morning I woke up at 5am and couldn’t go back to sleep so I decided to test. I really didn’t want to and was honestly so content on just waiting it out, but I figured I might as well take the leap while I’m feeling “okay” about the possibility of a BFN. And…of course a BFN it was. Stark white at that! But, I’m okay! Somewhere after the IUI I had just lost the feeling that this was it, but of course I still tried to stay as positive as I could and keep faith. My anxiety and depression came back and hit hard the weekend before the IUI so I think at this point, it’s probably for the best until I can get myself back on track.

We’re going to go back to NTNP until probably March. I want to ENJOY the upcoming Holidays. I want to enjoy life again. I want to enjoy sex. I want to enjoy my family.  We’re going to Disneyworld in March with my parents and nephew. As much as I would have given everything and anything to be pregnant, I would like to enjoy the trip as well. So, I think once we return, we’ll get back on track with IUI and go two more rounds before considering IVF. I really don’t expect ANY of you to be here by then 😉

XO

Post # 13
1212 posts
Bumble bee

@Yellow.Clover:  Hey lady, I like your plans for living life, but isn’t it a bit early to count yourself out at 10dpiui?    

Post # 14
3153 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@nyckitten: I guess it is, but when you’ve been at this game for as long as we have, you just seem to know when AF is approaching, and that’s how I’m feeling. I know it’s still a little early, and I could be wrong (I hope I am!!!). I guess I just get caught up in everyone getting BFPs at 7,8,9 dpo. Being 10dpo, I would have thought it’d show by now. But you’re right it’s still possible! Thanks for that reminder…

Post # 15
2293 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

Age (if you care to share): 27; DH 30

TTC since: April 2012 or so; NTNP sinceFeb 2012

Issues (if any): MFI

Chart?: I do but there’s not much to it at the  moment. Too sporadic to show.

Currently: CD 13

Supplements/how are you going about your BFP: Nothing at the moment, DH is on supplements.

When I get my BFP, I’ll celebrate by: I think I’ll be too shock to even move, or think.

If it’s not this cycle, we’ll: We have an appt with a new RE to see what’s the next course of action.

Despite the heartache…what has this infertility journey made you  greatful for: I’m grateful for it has strengthened my faith and brought  me closer to God. I’m grateful for it has strengthened my relationship with DH.  I’m grateful for the strength it has given me to pick myself up each day and  continue on. Finally, I’m thankful for meeting each and every one of you and the  friendship I’ve built with several of the ladies from WB. (Stole this from Yellow.Clover: because she brilliantly said exactly what I was thinking)

Just for fun…Which film from your childhood are you most looking  forward to sharing with your future children?: I love Annie and perhaps a collection of all those old Disney movies.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors