1+ year TTC! Part VI

posted 3 years ago in TTC
Post # 4
3153 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@HopefulForLittleOne:  Awww….that was sweet! Is it bad that I teared up reading what you wrote? *HUGS* And, I agree – BFP’s for ALL!! 🙂

That pet shame picture is hilarious!! haha. And you know, I’ve never tried Thai food. DH keeps trying to get me to try it, but I guess I’m just comfortable with what I’m used to. Maybe for my 1st cheat night, we’ll try it!

Post # 5
3153 posts
Sugar bee

Cycle Day and TTC since/Cycles trying:  CD 5 / TTC since Sept. 2011 / 19th cycle

Age (if you care to share): 30

Issues if any: PCOS

Charting? (share your chart if you like): http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/yellowclover

Estimated next POAS date: Hmmm…I have no idea, but I’m going to pick a pretty date. How about 7/13. 🙂

How are you going after you BFP: Not really trying much this cycle – I will continue the bromelain after O though. I swear it kept me from cramping this cycle. Oh and the Apple Cider Vinegar. I’m thinking it helped with O and extra EWCM.

Your plans for the tww: Not much, other than trying to stay sane! We also have a trip planed to go to Baltimore 7/10-7/13.

And since we want to throw in some non-TTC fun into what can otherwise be a very emotional process-

What makes you smile? My husband (on our good days ;)) and our furbabies!! Kali our hyper lab/rot mix and Khloe our laid back kitty.

What is your typical Saturday like? Well, it depends. Anymore, it seems like we have so much planned with family/friend events. If we don’t, we usually find something to do around the house or we’ll take Kali for a drive or to the park.

Favorite meal? Mexican! We love going to a little local Mexican restaurant and getting the fajitas for two. No wonder I need to go on a diet 😉

Post # 7
3153 posts
Sugar bee

@HopefulForLittleOne:  Haha – Actually I say dude all the time, well not all the time only when I get excited about something, but maybe that’s why you said it?? 😉 It does sound like love spicy food! I used to, but as I’ve gotten older, I just can’t handle it as much as I used to. I don’t mind it though so I think I will definitely give it a try!

Post # 8
2293 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

Hey ladies, I feel so guilty I haven’t logged in here for a while, although I often do the drive-stalk by, where I try to browse on what’s happening with my favourite internet girls. Finally have a few minutes down time from work. Special shout out to HopefulForLittleOne and Yellow.Clover You ladies are too kind for checking up on me. I feel like I have so much to catch up on.

@HopefulForLittleOne: When is your ER? I’m sure you probably mentioned it tons of times before, I hope soooo much everything goes according to plan.

@Yellow.Clover: Didn’t I read somewhere you’re moving on to IUI? Any estimated timelines?

@nyckitten:Yay for not having to wait for AF anymore. Crossing everything I have for a successful ET. I’m not sure of the travelling either, is there anyway you can ask someone from the clinic for informed advice.

@razzzzzz: Sorry your IUI didn’t go as plan, hope you had fun on your camping trip. Maybe there’s some Michael Phelps swimmers in there, you never know, what’s the absolute best timing anyway, so maybe it would all still work out.

As for me, I’ve finally finished by BC. Currently in CD 17 and no O yet . I’ve largely been ignoring my fertility, as DH’s second SA didn’t really give us much hope. In fact it gave us nothing at all. It basically said sample too scanty for analysis. This however was from a private hospital and not a clinic, so we’re looking at going to another fertility clinic to see if we can get some more definitive results.

In anycase it’s looking like we might be going straight to IVF, which basically means we have to put out buying a house for a while. For those going/took that route, how did you finance it, was it mainly through savings, loans etc. This will definitely set us back a couple of months.

Post # 9
2293 posts
Buzzing bee

Cycle Day and TTC since/Cycles trying:  CD 17 / TTC since Feb 2012, lost count of cycles.

Age (if you care to share): 27

Issues if any: Male infertility, I have/had some ovarian cysts and fibroids.

Charting? (share your chart if you like): Stopped charting but thinking of picking it up again.

Estimated next POAS date: Have NO idea. I’m still holding out for O, being my first cycle of BC, and since this is my first time taking BCPs, it all uncharted territory.

How are you going after you BFP: I too, I’m not really trying much this  cycle. Right now our efforts is on fixing DH and trying to figure out, if and how we can afford IVF.

Your plans for the tww: I suspect it won’t be much difference from the other days.

And since we want to throw in some non-TTC fun into what can otherwise be a  very emotional process-

What makes you smile? My husband and the silly jokes we come up with.

What is your typical Saturday like? Usually at home, and the occasional browsing through the mall with my best friend.

Favorite meal?  Indian food will definitely be top of the list, but with a Caribbean twist.

Post # 10
3153 posts
Sugar bee

@picturemeurs:  Hi there!!! Good to see you back! 🙂  Yes, we’ll be starting IUI with injectables on our next cycle. So probably around 7/13? Hopefully. The thing about all this is it’s so hard to plan when you’ll start meds, monitoring, etc when your cycles are irregular. We also found it’s hard to schedule around everything, especially in the summer when we have so much going on. I’m really hoping AF arrives around the 13th, if not we may have to push it off for another cycle due to us being away on vacation at the end of August. So, we’ll see. 🙂

So sorry that the SA didn’t come back with any results. 🙁 But, how exciting about moving to IVF! I’m so excited for you! I really hope you get good results from his SA at the fertility clinic so you have good confidence going into IVF. Where are you located? I can’t remember if you’re in the states or not? Check out this website: http://www.shadygrovefertility.com/more_options  It’s the website of the fertility clinic we are going to, but it has links to several financing options, discounted medication programs, grants, etc. I’m sure if you were to google also, you might be able to find more. I totally wouldn’t have the money right now to be able to do IVF, but I told my husband if it comes down to it, I’ll do everything possible to come up with it! Whatever it takes.

Post # 12
1410 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Cycle Day and TTC since/Cycles trying:  CD14/TTC for 10 years

Age (if you care to share): 37

Issues if any: severe endo diagnosed Jan 2013/DH has low sperm motility

Charting? (share your chart if you like):

Estimated next POAS date: Not sure yet…but probably try to hold out for 9 days past transfer.

How are you going after you BFP: First IVF cycle….just did ER yesterday, they got 7 eggs but 1 was already bad (as of this morning)

Your plans for the tww: Still work PT (but not lift anything heavy), enjoy my inlaws that just moved here….oh and dealing with landlord issues…so luckily keeping my mind off of it.

What makes you smile? My husband 🙂

What is your typical Saturday like? If I’m not working, then we usually travel for a long weekend.

Favorite meal? Too many!!! I LOVE food!

Post # 13
1410 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@picturemeurs:  Our insurance covers up to $5k of fertility treatments but the rest we are paying ourselves. We’ve been fortunate enough to build up a savings account for a house when we get back to the states….although DH does complain everytime I get my meds and we are shelling out a lot for those things. 

@HopefulForLittleOne:  These shots really SUCK! I don’t mind doing them but I see myself getting more and more irritated at people that take getting pregnant for granted. Maybe it’s the hormones???

@Yellow.Clover:  Scheduling was the biggest issue for us since we travel a lot…plus my FIL/MIL just moved here and we started the process right before they arrived. So no wine tastings with them, no motorcyle trips….I wanted to wait a month or so but DH was insistent that we start NOW!!!!

Post # 14
2293 posts
Buzzing bee

@Yellow.Clover:  Thank you for the support and information. I’m from a tiny country, so small for privacy reasons I won’t disclose. Which basically translate to having a tougher time getting certain services. But yay for you and IUI! To think this time next month you may be having one. So excited for you, though I hope this cycle brings you luck!

@HopefulForLittleOne:  Thanks for the information. Insurance here is a mess and covers NOTHING fertility related. UGh. I still have to see what mine covers (new job). DH did see a urologist, though not sure how fertility focused he is. He sent him to get a 2nd opinion, which showed nothing of use, and he’s still to get a few ultrasounds. I’m hoping something gives before we seriously consider IVF since we still don’t know what’s the problem.

Wow, you ER is right there, so close! I think you are being smart holding off buying a bigger car, but i really hope that you’ll have a reason soon to get a family size one. Do you know how many embroyos you’ll be transferring. Maybe a car for twins?

@texasbee:  Thanks for the response. I’m happy that your insurance is covering at least some of the cost. Did you decide how many you’ll be implanting? I remember you were debating this.

Post # 15
1212 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

My roll call to come, but I’ll do some replies first!  Actually, first…an advance apology — everything here is crazy with my impending move and trying to get way too much work done at one time, so I may be absent for a bit.  I’ll be reading and following along though.

Wow!  So many of us are on IVF / FET (frozen embryo transfer – that’s me!) / IUI or soon-to-IUI cycles. 

@HopefulForLittleOne:  Thanks for starting the new thread!!  Hoping it brings you good luck!  Sorry to hear about your cold… I’m many many people have colds during their cycles and end up with BFP’s.  Tylenol would be safe for sure.  I also love Thai food and Pad Kee Mao is one of my favorites. 6/20 is coming up so soon!  FX!

@texasbee:  Really hoping for 6 beautiful fertilized eggs for you tomorrow.  Keep us posted.

@Yellow.Clover:  LOL at when you said you were gonna pick a “pretty date” to POAS. 🙂

@picturemeurs:  Hope you guys get some more answers re: your DH’s sperm soon. Re: paying for IVF…yeah, it hurts.  Mine is entirely out of pocket so we’ve paid in full for an IVF cycle and 2 FET (only about 1/3 the cost of full IVF, thankfully). We were really lucky in that we have savings so were able to pay without too much financial stress (of course, now if we ever have kids we will have to start re-saving for their college tuitions!). Still though, it’s a lot of money and we are definitely trying to cut costs where we can!  Some tips: we asked our nurse at the fertility clinic to put aside some free med samples for us since we are self pay. So for the last 2 cycles she has provided all of our Endometrin in free samples, which saves us about $400 per cycle!  Also, some of the other drug companies have discount plans for self-pay people.  If you go through Freedom Fertility they connect you with the discount plans…we saved a few hundred dollars that way.  You might consider asking your fertility clinic if there is a discount if you pay in cash rather than credit card (I do that at the dentist since I don’t have dental insurance – they give me a 20% discount). Shop around for fertility clinics if you can too — the pricing here in the U.S. differs widely, some places have guaranteed programs, etc. Depending on what country you are in you could also consider doing IVF abroad in a country where it is less expensive. There is a whole group of ladies on the Resolve boards who travel for IVF (I think to Czech Republic?). 

Post # 16
1212 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Cycle Day and TTC since/Cycles trying:  CD 6 on my FET (frozen embryo transfer) cycle / trying since Jan 2012 – around 12 natural cycles, 1 fresh IVF, 1 FET, and now we’re on our 2nd FET 

Age (if you care to share): 33 (also just had a b-day so ouch)

Issues if any: Male factor (very bad counts and even worse motility). I had a uterine septum, which was removed.

Charting? (share your chart if you like): nope

Estimated next POAS date: 6/30-ish, knock on wood

How are you going after you BFP: IVF

Your plans for the tww: I will have just moved so I’ll be (lightly) unpacking. Since we need to travel back to our old city for the FET (it’s just about 1.5 hours from where we’re moving to) we plan on getting a hotel room close to the clinic for the day / night of the transfer so we can just relax and not have a long drive.  Also, I’m going to be going to a wedding in Atlanta for the weekend after my transfer (the ladies on the Resolve board all said it would be fine for me to fly so we’re gonna not put our life on hold).

And since we want to throw in some non-TTC fun into what can otherwise be a very emotional process-

What makes you smile? My two cats — one of them particularly makes me smile because he lounges on his back with his belly and paws up in the air.

What is your typical Saturday like? I work at least half of the Saturdays (boo!) and even when not “at work” I still spend a good chunk of the day reading (work reading, not fun reading), working on papers, etc. But when I’m not working DH and I also go to the gym, out to eat, and sometimes also to a movie. I’m sure we’ll have a more exciting social life after we move back to NYC. 

Favorite meal? This is really hard because I love food. Korean BBQ is always fun as well as tasty. Also like Thai a lot, and pizza (with beer!)  

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors