(Closed) 1 Year + TTC Thread – Pt. 2

posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 4
1832 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Well I am pretty certain I am out this month. At CD17 I am having the first signs of PMS. Good luck to the rest of you ladies

Post # 6
622 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011 - Vandiver Inn

@Yellow.Clover:  Do NOT apologize for venting! Everyone’s struggle is different but that doesn’t mean any of us have been through more or less than anyone else. Just the fact that we’re all here means the playing field is pretty level. Our journeys and struggles will all be different but you can’t measure better or worse really. So seriously, don’t ever worry about that.

For example, I can’t imagine how much it must suck to not only be dealing with all of this, but to have a doctor who won’t listen. That so seriously obnoxious.

Post # 7
3501 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2002

@Yellow.Clover:  i had a lap when i was 19 and they wanted to put me on lupron. my dad walked right into that OBGYN office and snapped. man that was a sight to see. im waiting for my hsg as well… apparently the hsg has to happen within certain days of AF so im hoping she shows up so i can get that done. all of these things that us ladies are going through sucks, without a doubt. but having a doctor that doesnt seem to understand our frustrations and eagerness – sucks too. adds more BLAH to the whole situation. you are free to vent here!

Post # 9
1832 posts
Buzzing bee

@Yellow.Clover:  Thanks for the encouragement but pretty sure I am right, I am experiencing some anxiety which has become my first sign that AF is on her way as has been the case in the last few cycles Frown Super weird cycle, I peaked on the fertility monitor on CD10 and now early PMS sign on CD17 I know this does not compare to your current cycle or those that are going through long cycles but as Lox said our journey’s are all different yet have all collided here!.

So sorry about your doctor, I have had my own frustrations and can’t seem to get anything done with the several doctor’s I’ve seen. I asked for a HSG and my doctor looked at me dumbfounded and asked if that meant I wanted a pregnancy test! – Ummm NO!Yell Have you considered looking for a different doctor? (I know that can be easier said then done, I’m still waiting for my referal to go through for a new OBGYN). Please continue to vent here, that’s what we are here for!

Post # 10
824 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

@Yellow.Clover:  oh that is so true! I need to add a Wispy law: don’t think about it. And stop trying so hard. Ugh! But thanks for the giggle!

@lonsk:  : (

Post # 12
1053 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

@Yellow.Clover:  I think I would really look at getting a new dr too – can you find another one that is ‘in network’ so you don’t have to go through switching insurance?  Having had an HSG and a lap you definitely want to make sure you’re getting the best dr you can bc you don’t want to have to do those again 🙂 And…. hmmmm… I mean, I hate to be a downer but endo not hindering getting PG?  She should give me and Septca a call about that 🙂 

AFM, Nothing new.  I mean…. nothing.  I get to this point of the cycle and I’m just ready for AF. Part of me awnts to use a cheapie test or temp tomorrow morning just so I can get some clarification already!  I’m cd 9 today. 

Post # 13
824 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2010

@Yellow.Clover:  omg! I just had a chance to read your doctor post! What the hell! I justnhave no words. You vent your little heart out girl! i just don’t understand why she wouldnt at least have you do blood work to check your progesterone. That way she can rule out that you did or didn’t O and spare you the heartache of poas.  grrrrrr.  I’m sending you huge hugs! You are a strong woman! Check into a new dr! Ugh

@lonsk:  wow! 

Ok I have been on these boards forever. But what exactly is a HSG test (that’s different from the saline u/s I had right?). And I have no idea what a lap is either!  everytime I read it I think of lap band surgery! Educate me ladies! Lol

Post # 14
622 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011 - Vandiver Inn

I don’t know anything about a lap, but I’ve had an HSG so I’m on that. 😉

HSG stands for hysterosalpingogram. Don’t even bother trying to remember that, I had one and still had to look it up to get that right. Basically, they place a catheter through your cervix and inject dye into your uterus and up through your fallopian tubes. To make the trip, the dye has to be moved through with pressure, which is why it actually tends to open blocked tubes if possible. That’s also why it can be painful. While that’s going on you’re under a giant x-ray and they are tracking the progress of the dye on a monitor. The test continues until the dye spills out at the end of you fallopian tubes (in a perfect world at least). That gives them a full picture of your uterus and tubes and allows them to diagnose many abnormalities or blockages. And again, often it cleares blockages due to the pressurized dye.

At best it’s uncomfortable, at the worst it can be quite painful. It all depends on the woman and what kind of issues she may be facing.

Post # 15
9057 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

@lonsk:  Wow, that’s early for PMS.  I’m sorry 🙁

@Yellow.Clover:  Day 42 is the earliest my dr will prescribe provera as well, and of course you have to do a pregnancy test to be sure before she can prescribe it as well, so that part doesn’t sound too unreasonable.  But I hate feeling like i’m not being reasonable, or am stupid too.  I really wish that doctors that techinically have a RE designation but really just like to deal with pregnant ladies would just TELL us that.  Then we can save both our time and aggravation.

Anybody wanna check if I finally figured out how to post a link to my FF chart??

Here

Post # 16
1832 posts
Buzzing bee

@Yellow.Clover:  I’m not sure, but something is up with these short cycles and its freaking me out! I keep thinking maybe something is wrong with the CBEFM

@SapphireSun:  Thanks. Nope, sorry the link didn’t work for me, it said there may be a spelling error?

So I got a call this afternoon from referring doctor to the OBGYN that I requested, well get this my appointment is for April 4! are they freaking kidding me!!!! Yell then the receptionist let me know that is next year, yeah thanks for that. So at this rate I will most likely get into the fertility clinic before I get to see the OBGYN (fertility clinic said I had a 7 month wait in August).Trying to be positive but would like a little good news or glimmer of hope to be positive about.

The topic ‘1 Year + TTC Thread – Pt. 2’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors