posted 6 months ago in TTC
Post # 4
3560 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Your Age/Partner’s Age: Both 29

How long you have been together/married: Together 7.5 years, married 3 years

How long you have been TTC: 2 years, 7 months

Known Issues/TTC History: DH has MFI. DH had varicolectomy surgery in July 2015 which resulted in increased spern count but motilty and morphology remained low. No luck after >6 months trying naturally. Started working with an RE July 2016. Just finished our first round of IVF (Fresh transfer) which unfortunately resulted in a chemical pregnancy. We have 9 good blasts frozen, some already hatched, so we are looking at a FET but still deciding when to proceed (right away? or do we want to take a break)?. Luckily we have not found no issues with me so far except for one fallopian tube closed on HSG. Good ovarian reserve, good lining, egg quality looks good (except for the fact we had a chemical pregnancy).

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc): We will proceed with a FET, but still figuring out our timeline.

Just for fun: I love to read, and lately I have found reading to be a great “escape” from the difficult reality that is TTC with infertility. What are you currently reading? Share your favorite authors or “must read” stories!: Right now I am reading “Inferno” by Dan Brown. I’m a little late to the game but the movie is out and DH wants to see it but I want to wait until I finish the book! I love books about the brain and crazy disorders. Bascially anything by Oliver Sacks!

<div style=”overflow: hidden; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; text-align: left; text-decoration: none;”>
Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/1-year-ttc-ttc-with-infertility-part-30/#ixzz4PSmqCjw9</div>

Post # 5
217 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

BeverlyGeese :  just popping in to say I also love Liane Moriarty! She went through infertility herself which is why she can write so well about it I think! I read this article she wrote and thought it was so great-

http://m.blogher.com/childless-side-room 

Best of luck and fingers crossed to all on this thread! 

Post # 7
3560 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Bees, I don’t know what to do!

My nurse just called about planning our FET cycle. I’m still waiting for AF to arrive from our first failed cycle. If we start right away our FET transfer date would be December 19. However, DH and I are going abroad to Paris from 12/23-1/2 to celebrate the holidays. Our nurse said this wasn’t a problem and we would just take Beta when we get back from our trip. She also said that traveling during that time wouldn’t have a negative affect on anything. The other option is to take a break and start the process in January for a late January FET. 

Pros of waiting: time for an emotional/physical break, could enjoy wine/cheese in Paris, would have a little time to get back to the gym and lose the “IVF weight” I put on (a few pounds) before trying again, no injections during the holidays 

Pros of doing the FET right away: no waiting/could get pregnant sooner, might be a nice distraction to pass to TWW in Paris, might be more relaxed there than I would be back home at work, maybe we would get a nice xmas present (pregnancy)

What do you think I should do??? DH is on board either way. 

Post # 8
1483 posts
Bumble bee

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 30/36

How long you have been together/married: Together for 6 years, married for 4

How long you have been TTC: Since Feb 2015 

Known Issues/TTC History: Hypothyroidism, hyperprolactenemia, do not ovulate on my own, large ovarian cyst 

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc) Currently taking estrogen for prepare for our first  FET. We’ve been waiting since my retrieval in August so hopefully we can move forward soon! 

Just for fun: I love to read, and lately I have found reading to be a great “escape” from the difficult reality that is TTC with infertility. What are you currently reading? Share your favorite authors or “must read” stories!

Just finished Let’s Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson. It was different, but a funny read! 

Post # 9
1483 posts
Bumble bee

BeverlyGeese :  Wishing you a great FET cycle! 🙂 

hollyberry4 :  Not sure what you should do, but I wanted to say that I think your DH is great for being open to either option! My DH can be indecisive, lol 🙂 Paris sounds amazing.

AFM, tomorrow morning I have my b/w and u/s to monitor my estradiol level and check my lining. We will see what happens. I’ve been taking my estrogen about 12 hours apart (morning and evening dose), as I wasn’t really given specific instructions with time.

My girlfriend messaged me yesterday. We were bridesmaids in each other’s weddings. She had her HSG test and no abnormalities, but they have unexplained infertility. I hope everything works out for her and hopefully we can be pregnant at the same time.

Have a great day, ladies! 🙂 

Post # 10
1637 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age: 33/34

How long you have been together/married: 9 years/ 3 years

How long you have been TTC: I don’t even know anymore. 2.5 years?

Known Issues/TTC History: Dr. initially thought very mild PCOS based off irregular ovulation and possible hirsutism. All other testing for both of us has been normal. My thyroid was very so slightly hypothyroid (by some standards) at 3.99 so he has me on 0.25mcg of sythroid to keep it below 2.5. 

We did 4 IUIs, 2 with clomid and 2 with letrozole/menopur. No success on any of them. I did a retrieval cycle in September. They removed 2 fibroids during retrieval. They retrieved 10 eggs, 8 mature and fertilized, and by day 6 we had 3 embryos to freeze. They are (if I remember correctly) 5AA, 4BB, and 5BC. No PGS testing. 

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc)

I am starting meds for FET (lupron, estrogen, progesterone, methyprednisolone) soon and tentative transfer date is 12/6/16. We will be transferring the 5AA. With transferring one the doctor said 50% success rate and two 60% rate. So we decided it’s better to transfer one at a time. 

Just for fun: I love to read, and lately I have found reading to be a great “escape” from the difficult reality that is TTC with infertility. What are you currently reading? Share your favorite authors or “must read” stories!:

Oh geez. So my goal was to read 25 books this year, I don’t know why. I barely read 20 books last year. It’s just difficult for me to find time with work. I’m currently reading R.L. Stine’s Red Rain – which I don’t really recommend. But prior to that I read Shangai Girls and Dreams of Joy by Lisa See, and I raelly enjoyed those.

hollyberry4 :  My degree and job are centered around patients who are severely mentally ill. Sometimes I enjoy reading such books even though I need a break from work once in a while. You might be interested in reading “Brain on Fire” and “When Rabbit Howls” and (I think it was, it’s been a long time) “Crazy All the Time: On the Psych Ward of Bellevue Hospital” (that last one is basically what I do for work).

Post # 11
1637 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

hollyberry4 :  I would wait until after the trip so you can fully enjoy your trip to Paris. I know I’d like to partake in cheeses and wines and good times. I’d also always have a nagging anxious feeling in the back of my mind during the trip if I was in the TWW. 

Post # 12
13675 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

ROLL CALL

Your Age/Partner’s Age:  36/31

How long you have been together/married:  together 9 years, married 5.5

How long you have been TTC:  4 years, 2 months

Known Issues/TTC History:  Craptacular mostly immature eggs, shitty uterus too maybe after 2 back to back early m/c.

Your TTC plans for the next few months: (fertility meds, supplements, OPKs, BBT charting, NTNP, etc)  IVF cycle #6, before a mock cycle early next year for Yale EFT.

Post # 13
41 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2015 - tbd

I’m on my 7th day of stems. I’m needle phobic, but the want for a little one is overriding it. I’m up to 3 different shots a day. I’m so ready to be done. My lower back is starting to ache and I’m so bloated it is uncomfortable to sit up straight at my desk job. I feel like a drugy, I have to bring my cetrotide to work because I work during the timeframe my clinic wants me to take it.

Day 3 of stems my estridol was up to 61 so they increased my gonal F. Day 5 of stems my estridol jumped to 210 and they added my cetrotide. I find out tomorrow (day 8 of stems) how I’m doing.

Insurance – you never know what your insurance will actually cover until you do it. My insurance paperwork says that it will not cover IVF. We saved up to pay for the whole thing. Well, the pre-visits were just co-pays. The clinic required the whole process to be paid in full before starting and they would refund later. My meds – I was told out of pocket they would be about $5k (I haven’t seen how much insurance paid yet), but with my insurance I ended up paying $80.00 (not a typo). So needless to say, even though your insurance says one thing, it’s going to depend on how it’s coded when it’s billed on weither insurance will cover something.

Don’t forget to look at tax implications. You can use your out of pocket medical expenses and mileage on your taxes.

Post # 15
13675 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

hollyberry4 :  I would persoally wait and allow myself to enjoy my wine and cheese vacation to the fullest.  We put off enough and sacarfice enough during this journey as it is.

BeverlyGeese :  Thanks.  I go in for baseline tomorrow and should be starting stims tomm night.

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors