1 year wedding vow renewal? Am I crazy?

posted 3 years ago in Vow Renewals
Post # 3
205 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@Emmy11386: I think considering you had a bad time the first time around, it would be nice! Also, because you aren’t actually doing it publicly, it’s better. If you were planning a whole second wedding, inviting a big guest list, I would think one year in would be silly, but because it is just the two of you, I think it will be special!  

Post # 4
2620 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

not crazy. do it expeciailly if the resort is giving you a free pass to come back

Post # 5
doilyMember
1734 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012 - Father's Vineyard Church/ A Touch of Class Banquet Center

Because of the circumstances and because it’s going to be the two of you, I think it’s not a crazy idea at all! If you were going all out, then no, but in your case, absolutely yes, do it!

Post # 6
4468 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

What a great idea! Post pics if you decided to do it:)

Post # 7
686 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I think it’s a greta idea, sounds like you don’t have the best memories from the first time round so hopefully you will create some new memories you can look back on more fondly.

Post # 8
3223 posts
Sugar bee

I don’t think there is a need to renew something without an expiration date.  But if you want to do something private, then it won’t impact anyone at all.

To me the more you do something the less special each one becomes.  But that is just me.

Post # 9
1287 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I know if it were me… I’d want a do over.  And I think it would give you closure on your bad experience, and give you some control over it.  Ultimately I think that’s what you want, and I don’t think anyone would think badly considering what happened, especially if they are giving you a free trip back… though I’d be mentioning it to every staff member at the resort the entire time so you really got a good treatment and got the most bang for your buck haha (and properly cooked food this time around).  I say if it’s what you want.. go for it! 

Post # 10
63 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

When I first saw your heading I thought you were crazy. Now that I’ve read your post I think it’s a great idea!!! Sorry you were so sick on your wedding day.

Post # 11
951 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - A Beautiful converted Barn

just reading the title of your post i though yes – HOWEVER, reading your story as to why you want to renew i think it is a wonderful idea!! its such a shame that you were poorly for your wedding day – you should DEFINATELY do it!! LOVELY idea for it just to be the 2 of you too!!! go for it!

xxxx

Post # 12
Hostess
30313 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@Emmy11386:  Sounds so romantic and because of your circumstances, I think you should totally do the vow renewal!  🙂

Post # 13
Hostess
7630 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: January 2013

I think it would be great! As long as it’s not a big, public show I don’t see anything wrong with doing a one year vow renewal. 

Post # 14
752 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@Emmy11386:  I think that sounds really nice. Inviting guests etc would be over the top, but I think the two of you deserve a do-over. I’d be a bit wary of the food though!!!

Post # 15
11668 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I definitely would!  Sorry to hear you got sick on your wedding, hope you enjoy your anniversary trip, though!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors