(Closed) 10-15 dollar yankee swap gift ideas?

posted 7 years ago in Holidays
Post # 3
4038 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

We do this with my in-laws every year…this year I went to Big Lots and got a set of 5 hot sauces (ranging from mild to atomic), and another of 5 BBQ sauces (each from a different part of the country)…but I know my brothers in law will be fighting over them. I think the hot sauce was $5 an the BBQ was $10.

Post # 4
4137 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

i almost always buy as-seen-on-tv gifts for these…maybe the ove glove or those big cake molds shaped like a cupcake or donut?

Post # 5
1962 posts
Buzzing bee

haha!  I don’t know what a Yankee Swap gift is but I thought you meant you needed gifts to swap that had MLB Yankees insignias on them.  Is this another term for a white elephant gift exhange?

Post # 6
4547 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Are gift cards allowed? Maybe to Starbucks or Target or something?

I found this amazing thing at Walmart this year. It was from the Better Home section. Basically it’s a pretty pot thing with a lightbulb inside and a lid/tray on top. You get cubes of wax (they have tons of great scents…we got peppermint and gingerbread) and they melt and remelt and release a lovely scent. Instead of a candle basically. The wax is like $2 and the holder thing was somewhere between $10 and $15.

@Mrs Sarah McK: That’s a great idea!!

Post # 7
1555 posts
Bumble bee

You could do exceptionally bad movies. Get them for $1. 😀  We once gave someone a World Record book from 1977. Stress balls that you squeeze could be fun, or some bright socks.

@Mrs Sarah McK: Great idea.

Post # 8
10367 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

Obama Chia Pet (seriously, I got one for my husband 🙂 )

Post # 9
752 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010 - Ocean View Villas/Jasmine Seafood Restaurant

– Last year we did $15 in lottery tickets. 

– bottle of wine, beer, or liquor

– some type of small gadget from brookstone

– magazine subscription

– memory card

– coffee table book from urban outfitters.  They’re always so funny. One year we gave a Chuck Norris sayings book.  It was awesome.

– silly coasters

The topic ‘10-15 dollar yankee swap gift ideas?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors