(Closed) 10 day forecast looks AWFUL!!! What should we do???

posted 7 years ago in Honeymoons
  • poll: What would you do?
    Go, have a blast, it will be fine : (33 votes)
    100 %
    Postpone, it's not worth it if its going to be bad weather : (0 votes)
  • Post # 3
    5786 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: May 2011

It says “Isolated” and “Scattered” not “ZOMG TORNADOES A COMIN’ “. Please go enjoy your honeymoon.

Post # 4
    2548 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

Are you able to postpone the whole vacay on such short notice because of a little rain? I mean, hotel wise and stuff. I know with my resort I have to give them a heads up, not to mention the fees to change flights and such.

If you are able to cancel, I still wouldn’t.  You said yourself you don’t know when you’ll be able to go. The weather will be warm, it’s not going to be cold, and realistically the carribean has scattered showers regardless, so it may not be a better time, when you have free time.

Go, have fun.

Post # 5
    6826 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2011

Really you want to cancel your honey moon because of scattered t storms you do realize that predicting weather is 50/50 and you prob would be sorry if you cancel. Go and enjoy yourselfs. 

Post # 6
    753 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

That looks like a typical carribean forecast. Isolated showers don’t mean it’ll be a washout. If you look at the precipitation chart it’s only at about 30% chance for the beg. of the week. I would def. still go.

Post # 7
    2320 posts
    Buzzing bee

Stay in your hotel room and have sexy times. Problem solved! Go and enjoy yourself, it will be fine.

Post # 8
    309 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

When we were in the Dominican Republic it rained every single day… for about 15 minutes.  Don’t worry about it… I’m sure on your honeymoon you’ll be able to find something to do with that time indoors Wink

Post # 9
    281 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

Go and have fun.  Listen to mittens. 🙂  The forecast will likely change a at least 10 times in the next 10 days, so just plan on going and enjoying yourself.  If that forecast does hold though, you’ll probably have a few quick storms and the weather will be fine the rest of the time.

Post # 10
    14337 posts
    Honey Beekeeper

There was the same forcast for me at St John last week, i checked and saw rain everyday.  In the islands, its just a passing 5-10 minute tops shower, then it clears right back up again.  It started to rain one morning just as we were heading out the door, but I forgot something and went back to get it, second time we went out the door, rain had stopped.  Dont worry!

Post # 11
    57 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

@norab2684:ABSOLUTELY GO. I have been to the Cayman Islands 6 times in the past 2 years and the weather is just like pinkshoes said in her post. It may rain shortly but will clear right up. Enjoy Cayman. It is AMMMMMMMMMMAZING!!

Post # 12
    1297 posts
    Bumble bee

GO! Don’t even think about cancellng! Every time I’ve been to the Caribbean the forecast calls for rain..and yes it MAY rain every day..for like a few minutes and that’s all! On my honeymoon in St. Lucia we had a little bit of rain every day! We actually enjoyed swimming in the pool while it rained.. it won’t ruin your trip.. just go =)

Post # 13
    7695 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2010

Dont worry. Rain in the Caribbean = liquid sunshine! It will be fine 🙂

Post # 14
    321 posts
    Helper bee

just go it’ll be fine! its most likely going to change everytime u check the weather..just relax..enjoy yourselves!!

Post # 15
    1571 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

I stayed on Grand Cayman last July. The forcast was rain for every day. Most days it was a little cloudy, minimal rain, a couple of days it was straight up sunny all day, no rain, and only one day was there enough rain to stop us from doing anything (and caused a loss of power on the island which was pretty fun, actually). If you are drinkers, pick up some liquor at the airport duty free to keep in the room in case you can’t go out!

The topic ‘10 day forecast looks AWFUL!!! What should we do???’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors