10 days and I think I'm going to go insane

posted 3 years ago in September 2013
Post # 3
165 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@MrsCaruso2be:  Nope, you’re not the only one! I still do not have my hem and bustle finished, I have another fitting Saturday and the seamstress has promised me that it will be ready in time for the wedding. I also had to dispute a PayPal transaction over an Etsy seller that has not shipped my BM’s gifts yet, and I ordered them August 1!!! I ordered replacements from Amazon that should get here by Friday.  I am so over it! LOL!

And I can’t concentrate for shit at work.

Post # 4
670 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

I feel the same way – except a little bit more stable than yesterday. I had to take the entire day off from work yesterday to run errands. Most everything that needs to be done at this point I can do in my own house so the running around bit is over, fingers crossed.

I second @Ilovewine:  What is work again? LMAO! I am looking forward to Next wednesday when my wedding PTO starts. I am basically worthless in the office at this point.

Post # 5
2372 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013 - B&B

@Ilovewine:  

@Starling13:  Ugh same here! I feel horribly guilty for it but I really cannot concentrate. And its not even like my thoughts are solely on the wedding and thats why I can’t concentrate, I just CANT! On anything! Haha.

I hope I feel more on top of things as the tasks get completed. And I’m pretty worried I am missing something huge haha. I keep making lists but I am kind of worried lol.

Post # 6
2449 posts
Buzzing bee

Im 17 days away and my to-do list is 3 pages long, not even kidding.

Post # 7
2372 posts
Buzzing bee

Another thing driving me nuts at this moment in time is having to wait on ANYONE else to hear things to know what’s going on

And we had very few people book hotel rooms it almost makes me worried that people won’t do it in time? Eh, at that point not my problem my website was on my save the dates and htey PHYSICALLY had to go to the website to RSVP (unless htey called but the only people who did were my family that were local).

And I am super worried about $$ now, I think we’ll make it but it will be so close because I found out that rentals were $700 more. That was a huge wallop.. we can do it but it will be very tight and I bet my FI won’t be pleased when he hears about it :/

Post # 8
490 posts
Helper bee

I’ve actually calmed down a bit, thankfully we are doing our rehearsal dinner tomorrow and that lifted a HUGE weight off our shoulders. My biggest worry now is the company doing my place cards and menus has not gotten back to me. Otherwise, everything is on its way, on time, or just waiting to be packaged. 

I say this now, 2 days from now I could be in crazy mode again. Who knows? All I know is when I think to myself “You are getting married in x days”, I get this butterfly feeling in my stomach…everytime. I can’t believe its actually here!

Post # 9
1102 posts
Bumble bee

@atlbride2013:  oh my god, 3 pages long!! You poor thing! 

Mine remains resolutely at 1 page. As soon as I cross something off the list I remember something else that needs to be done. 

Post # 11
300 posts
Helper bee

Im with you just got back from my fitting -still not quite right.  Took a vacation week before the wedding and work added 3 days of non rescheduled training almost two hours away.  I dont know what 2do next or first I’m in a spin. 

Post # 12
670 posts
Busy bee

SINGLE DIGITS, LADIES!!! SINGLE DIGITS!!! LMAO!

So I feel so much calmer today than I did yesterday… Relaxed about all of it just feel back in control of not only the wedding, but my emotions as well. Last nigth I spent 3.5 hours wrapping up my BM gifts and writing out thier cards (7 BMs and 1 Personal Attendant). Good Lord am I glad I took the time to do it last night!! I had no idea it would take me so long… Geesh!

And then right when I was about to go to bed, I realized that I still have to get my 4 Ushers (brothers) a gift as well Embarassed

Post # 13
72 posts
Worker bee

OMG I can’t believe it’s so close!!! I still have to make my ceremony programs and am completely lost on this. Other than that, just wrapping groomsmen gifts today (personlized zippose with cigars) and finishing touches on bridesmaid gifts. Oh and still need to paint our guest book. We are doing a fingerprint thing but not a tree. Only 2 more vendors to pay then we’re done!

Post # 14
670 posts
Busy bee

@Sunnyday278:  Don’t feel too bad – I just spent that last 3 hours here at the office writing out my thank you cards from last Saturday’s bridal shower, lol!

Post # 15
2042 posts
Buzzing bee

I am not doing as bad as you even though I am freaking out on the inside.  Luckily, (knock on wood) my face is doing great.  I started using proactiv 8-9 weeks ago and its completely clear.  I hope it stays that way.  I am waiting on ONE item from etsy.  The person didnt say in the shipping info they were in China so it could take 30 days…..She sent out 2 weeks after I ordered it and it still isnt here.  She it would take up to 20 days but usually takes 15…I was 17 days out from the wedding at that point.  Its the hanger with my name on it.  I really wanted it for pictures.  I also ordered an initials necklace that I was able to pick up today and it has a scratch on it….it was shipped from Israel so its not like I have anytime to have a new one shipped.  My ceremony location are a bunch of assholes but my reception people are AMAZING. They are making all of this worth it for sure.  I am making the direction cards today at work and this weekend hopefully making the place cards and seating chart.  We also go to pick up our rings from getting engraved saturday and finish picking up gifts for people.  I also need to go shopping for clothes for the honeymoon and a dress to leave the reception in since I am not taking my wedding dress with my on the honeymoon! 

Post # 16
2372 posts
Buzzing bee

@Starling13:  Oooo I need to do that! I also need to see if I can coerce my FI into writing one for each of his groomsmen as well haha.

@jesssamesssa:  outwardly I am quite calm as well but inside is a storm of feelings and thoughts haha!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors