(Closed) 10 days before my wedding and FMIL pulls this crap.

posted 6 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
5993 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

when FI is getting a call from his cousin complaining that these 2 people are sitting with his mother….almost an hour into the conversation

good grief!  that earned you both a glass wine for the night!

Post # 5
715 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Tequilla is a good substitute for wine 🙂 You need it right now!

I got an email from FMIL on Monday (19 days before the wedding) that said “Subject, another wedding guest

Mr and Mrs. so and so will be in town and have requested to be invited”

WTH!!!!?? I sent the invitations out the first week of August, and the RSVP date was September 2nd…

I made FI deal with it, because I made a deal with myself that 21 days before the wedding I was done stressing and FI could handle anything that comes up.

Why do families get so freakin crazy when people get married?

Post # 7
2891 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Weddings tend to bring out the craziness in families. I just spent three hours today trying to explain to a MOB why she can wear this dress to her daughter’s wedding:

When her daughter will be wearing this dress:

She thought as long as she bought her dress in light gold she was fine. She planned to wear a wedding dress and thought she was fineFrown

I am sorry your FMIL is driving you crazy. All mothers seem to go crazy when their kids get married. Let FI handle her. I always tell mine “Your mother, your problem.”

Post # 8
5993 posts
Bee Keeper

@ENarcy: im suppose to keep the tequila in the freezer??? this is my current stash – im sending you a virtual singapore sling with a shot of whatever you want on the side

Post # 10
424 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@ENarcy:  You’re jealous?  I live in a dry country!  I’m jealous!

Post # 11
5993 posts
Bee Keeper

a dry country – i could live there, we dont even drink alcohol, i buy them becasue they are pretty bottles

Post # 12
415 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@ENarcy:  Clearly these are people she was inviting to show off to!  And now she doesn’t want them to think they are special because they can sit with her.  What a cow.  I hope you keep the seating plan and she sits with her god damn +2s. 

Post # 13
5993 posts
Bee Keeper

@secondchances: did you talk the MOB out of the wedding dress?

Post # 14
2891 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@eloping: Oh I hope so! I was absolutely flabbergasted!

Post # 16
133 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Oh, that’s so frustrating! We’ve gone back and forth on several family friends and who should be invited. We took some people off the list, but then two days ago my parents thought of somebody new that we should invite.But where do you put family friends who don’t necessarily know each other? I feel your pain.

At least you could tell your FMIL that your parents were in the same situation. Hopefully they will be so excited or distracted on your wedding day that they don’t freak out about it. Maybe they won’t spend much time at their table?

The topic ‘10 days before my wedding and FMIL pulls this crap.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors