(Closed) 10 days… I don’t know if I’m ready :(

posted 6 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
21 posts
  • Wedding: December 2012

I know it is easy for me to say but just try and take a deep breath and choose to not let this affect you negatively. Everyone who loves you will be there, if it/you means that much to them. Don’t let any thing take away from this momment. It is about you and your future husband and that all you need to worry about is being happy with him. You should be feeling happy, excited, nervous, anxious, giddy, but don’t be sad, or bummed. Everything will work out and the wedding will be perfect. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 4
12 posts
  • Wedding: June 2012

i hear you. even though i have months to go, sometimes i panic and get super nervous. and then i think about how beautiful i will look and everybody is watching you and your in the arms of your dream man:)) ITS GONA BE ALLRIGHT…….always think the good side. best of luck

Post # 5
5 posts
  • Wedding: November 2012

It’s always so much easier to focus on the negative things in life, I know I am personally VERY guilty of this. This is the one day that is supposed to be “perfect”, so it’s understandable that you want it to be that way. But try to focus on what “perfect” really means for a wedding. So much time is spent planning the dress, the hair, the makeup, the venue, the centerpieces, the guest list, that it’s so easy to lose sight of the actual purpose of a wedding. The purpose isn’t to have a big elegant party, the purpose is to become one with your fiance, to start your lives together. People have been getting married for centuries, and a lot of times there was no party, it was just two people completely in love with eachother wanting to be officially together forever. In the end, the most important thing is that you are there and that your fiance is there. But you are still so much luckier than that, you will have family and friends there celebrating and supporting you, excited to have the privilege of witnessing something so special. So your friends won’t be there until the party, SO WHAT? They are going to be there! And in their absence, so many more people will be supporting you for the entire event, you honestly won’t notice as long as you are focusing on what a wedding truly is. I hope you take some time for yourself in the next few days to center your heart, remembering that this day is really only for two people: you and him.

Post # 6
2114 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

YOu can do it ! open up a bottle of red wine tonight , listen to some kick ass music and dance around your kitchen – trust me it will help ๐Ÿ™‚ All that matters is that both of you are there and everything else will fall in to place . 

Sending ++++ vibes !

Post # 7
772 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

A wedding is just one day, but you and Fiance will have each other forever.   while it can be so frustrating how things pop up, go wrong, or don’t go as planned, focus on how you want to feel on your wedding day.  In the count down with your four things to do a day, ask yourself “do I or Fiance care about this detail?” if you don’t, cut it!  You really only need a license, someone to marry you, something to wear, and your Fiance.  Everything else is bonus and optional.  You can say no and leave out details that make you miserable in the final weeks.  No one will notice if you don’t have printed menus!   

And your friends not showing up or coming late, or trying to be A*holes by getting married the same morning don’t have to dictate how you feel on your wedding day.  Feel upset now, hell, get pissed off.  Then realize that the only thing you have any control over is how you feel and what you want to get out of getting married to the one you love.  Since Fiance seems kind of annoyed and down about things as well, maybe you both need to talk about what you want to feel on this day, and what you can walk away with that will make you both think it was a success and special.  

If it helps any, we’re date twins, and I am excited for you!  

Post # 8
331 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@CanadianMermaid: Excellent advice. I concur with the wine & dancing to relieve some stress and have some fun.  There is so much planning going on, that too many details and things not working out the way you want them to can make you feel down.  Focus on the positive, because you will be marrying the man you love! –and then there will be more wine and dancing at the reception to cheer you up even more. ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘10 days… I don’t know if I’m ready :(’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors