(Closed) 10 days left, emotional eating and hardcore workouts (long)

posted 8 years ago in Fitness
Post # 3
111 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Have you looked into MyFoodDiary.com? I used them for a while. They have the largest collection of foods and nutritional information of all of the “record what you eat” sites (you’ll be surprised at the stuff they have in their database), and their site is very easy to navigate. They offer tips on what types of foods you should be eating less/more of (fats versus carbs, proteins, sugars, etc.) and they incorporate the calories that you burned into your daily allowance. They also have two statistics: one is your daily allowance of calories to maintain your weight, and the other is your daily allowance of calories to get to your goal weight on time. You can put in all sorts of data about your body so that the results are tailored to what you need.

I really love this website and I tried to get my fiance on it too, but he’s just not as interested in this stuff as I am, as much as I try to get him interested. :/ But anyway! It’s only $9/mo. I would highly recommend it if you want to get a picture of what you’re eating, how you’re eating, how it’s affecting you, and how to change it.

Post # 4
1104 posts
Bumble bee

Oh my goodness, you are in danger of sending yourself into an eating/exercise disorder 10 days before what is meant to be one of the best days of your life 🙁 You need to stop being so hard on yourself!

Your measurements are fine, you are fit and healthy and your FI loves you. Now is the time to cut back at the gym (with so many workouts it’s no wonder you are always starving and eating whatever you can see) and just CALM DOWN. Be KIND to yourself. Exercise is a great stress reliever, but you don’t need 2 or 3 hours of it a day. Stick to one class a day and make some of those classes more relaxing – like yoga or pilates or dancing, whatever will help you feel good. Make sure there is good food in the house for you to snack on, have healthy post-gym snacks, get lots of sleep and drink lots of water. You might also want to avoid food that is likely to make you feel bloated or generally yuck (everyone is different with this, for me it’s wheat and soft drinks but others will have other thoughts).

Seriously, if you keep going like this you might look back on your photos and think “wow I was thin” but you might also look back on the time before your wedding and wonder why you made yourself so miserable when you were beautiful just the way you were. I think you need to talk to your FI about how you are struggling with your perfectionism and need his help to keep things calm and loving in the lead up to the wedding. If you’re not waiting, sex is a great stress reliever too and much more fun than the gym 🙂

Post # 5
5093 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: January 2012

There’s no way you’ll be able to drop three inches off your waist in time, and so this isn’t a workout sort of thing I’m suggesting.  Do you plan to wear a corset to your wedding?  I’m talking a real corset with strong fabric and serious boning.  One of those, tied correctly, could easily make your waist that tiny.  I would recommend something underbust so that the shape of your boobs with your chosen bra doesn’t change so much.  If a corset is something you choose to do, I also recommend that you start NOW trying to wear it for a few hours at least each day just to get used to the feeling.  It’s not for everyone, but it might give you the look you’re hoping for.

It sounds like you’re really working hard at the gym, so I don’t have anything to add there!  Just good luck with improving your diet!  Recording what you eat could definitely help.  Good luck!

Post # 6
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Yes, my goodness, please listen to @mountain.bride!!!  At 5’1” and 117 pounds, you are already a tiny little thing.  You’re gorgeous.  You’re going to look amazing on your wedding day.  Stop obsessing!!!

After the wedding, when you and your husband are living on your own, you will be able to make your own food choices and healthy meals.  Until then, don’t worry about it! 

Post # 7
Hostess
18646 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

Just maintain your weight!  Do not go crazy with your diet in this next week but try to cut out some of the salt and junk food.  Drink lots of water to keep yourself hydrated and eat lots of fruits for snacks if possible!

Post # 8
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I agree with the other bees! You sound very petite!  Like MissAs8 said, drink LOTS of water.  Several months ago I started eating a semi-raw diet.  I eat one meal of raw food per day and in just a few weeks I lost 10 pounds.  I already am a vegetarian, but I didn’t eat completely raw.  Eating your lunch, for example, all raw is a very easy thing to do (salad, avocado, orange, carrots, anything of the sort). If you do that for the remaining 10 days I’m sure you could drop a couple of pounds.  It’s all about watching what you put into your mouth.  Snack only on health foods and be sure to have a big glass of water before every snack and every meal…you won’t be nearly as hungry.

Post # 9
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2009

tiny does not equal more beautiful…. 🙁

Post # 11
65 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Avoid salt, caffeine (if you can), alcohol, and carbonated beverages.  Also avoid beans, brocolli, prunes, and any other food that causes your digestive system to fill up with gas. 

And yep, drink a glass of water before and after every meal!

The topic ‘10 days left, emotional eating and hardcore workouts (long)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors