(Closed) 10 days, single digits tomorrow!

posted 5 years ago in October 2012
Post # 3
680 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Holy crap, we’re in single digits today!! πŸ™‚  Today is my second to last day at work before being off for about 3 and a half weeks for the wedding/honeymoons.  We finally bought all our candy buffet candy yesterday.  80 lbs!!  Spent $260 when we budgeted $300.  We were very happy about the outcome.  All I have left to do is make the candy bowl labels and put them on.  Everything else is done!  Picking up my dress from being steamed/pressed on the 5th and our rehearsal lunch is on the 6th.  I think that’s it!  We’re hoping to just relax next week before I do my last beauty appointments for the big day!  Our 10 day forcast finally says our weather! It should be high 70s!  Yay!!

Post # 6
680 posts
Busy bee

@SuperDuperBrit:  Eek!  Hopefully you don’t get penalized for being a bit late on the final balance.  And yay for getting the favors done and tent rented!  I just finished making the candy buffet jar labels and am slowly packing things up.  Such a pain in the butt lol  We’ll have soooo many boxes to take with us.  The really sucky part is that we’re going to our hotel on Friday and will have to hold on to all the boxes until Saturday so that means several trips to move boxes into our suite and then back down to the car.  Ugh. lol

Post # 8
680 posts
Busy bee

@SuperDuperBrit:  I would think you’d be able to change your final count since it’s still over 7 days out?  I had initially given the headcount of 119 to our venue manager and then a few days later one of my guests let me know that she had to sadly decline last minute because of an amazing opportunity to go to Bangkok which leaves the day of the wedding!  So I emailed my venue manager and asked if we could change it to 117 and she said that was fine.  Now I’ll have a table with only 7 people lol Oh well. 

Post # 10
680 posts
Busy bee

@SuperDuperBrit:  Haha, that works out perfectly!   In just an hour and a half (my time), we’ll be getting married in a week!  My FMIL emailed me asking me what else I had left to do and I wrote back “Absolutely nothing!!! All done!!”  Feels so good to say that and that we’ll be husband and wife in just almost 7 days! Yay. πŸ™‚

Post # 13
163 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Holy crap, we’ll be married ladies in one week!  Where did the time go and why can’t it be next Sunday already.

I’m pretty sure it will be hard to focus at work this week.  πŸ™‚

Post # 15
680 posts
Busy bee

@SuperDuperBrit:  Almost 3 days now! Are you guys going on your honeymoon immediately following the wedding?

I’ve surprisingly been totally calm this week, which to FI he’s sooo happy and very proud. Lol. I think it’s because since this past Sunday was my last day at work, I’m just like chilling out relaxing with everything already done and packed for the wedding.  Today I find out from our venue manager that due to construction going on these past couple weeks (which I had no idea about) to replace the windows in our ballroom, the patio where our ceremony was to take place got some wear and tear.  Luckily, our ballroom is perfectly fine, but the manager didn’t want to have our ceremony on the patio anymore since it no longer looks great.  Instead, they’re putting us on the 3rd tee box on the golf course.  This bad news ends up being good news!  We originally would’ve loved to get married on the course but it cost a few thousand extra so we stuck with the patio terrace overlooking the green.  Now we get it for free! Lol.  Although, due to the change we have to pay an extra fee to the DJ to set up a second sound system for the ceremony.  Oh well, no big deal.  FI was super impressed that I didn’t freak out. πŸ™‚  Hopefully nothing else major pops up and I should be fine. πŸ™‚

The topic ‘10 days, single digits tomorrow!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors