10 Days til my wedding and I just had a Dress MELTDOWN

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
2400 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

@MissGemini:  Do you have photos?  You have a little over a week and a half, I think that’d be enough time for a seamstress to rush order a sweetheart neckline for you!

Post # 5
378 posts
Helper bee

For what its worth, I think u look perfect. Honestly.

Post # 6
Hostess
1468 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@MissGemini:  Okay first things first… 10 days out is very exciting! Secondly, your dress looks amazing on you! Thirdly, find out if there is a well reputed seamstress in your area, take it to her and tell her you want it altered and time constraint. Don’t do it yourself, because I think that COULD be something you regret!

Lastly, don’t freak out. My first fitting they told me I was going to have to pay $500 with 1 month before the wedding to have the dress altered because even though I was working out constantly and lost heaps of weight, the dress no longer fit. My first thought was “I need to find another dress that fits in a very short amount of time” but in the end they knocked some of the price off the alterations and it all turned out okay! So don’t freak out, I nearly did and its not a good place to be

Post # 8
Hostess
1468 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@MissGemini:  Aww I didn’t mean to make you cry! Just calm down, take some deep breaths, have a drink (if you are over 21) lol!

You will be fine, I am sure a seamstress can make the pinched look for you if you like ti that way definitely go with it! You will be beautiful either way!

Post # 9
901 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Your dress looks BEAUTIFUL on you. Seriously, I think everything about it is super flattering and you look stunning. 🙂

Post # 10
6273 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: March 2014

I think you look awesome. But I get that you want to make it look more elegant. Here are some possibilities:

1. Go to David’s Bridal. They have boleros, small beaded straps, cap sleeves, etc. Alfred Angelo probably has the same. Etsy, too.

2. Add a halter. A seamstress could probably do this in under 30 minutes. May have to change your necklace, but if it takes it out of prom territory for you, it may be worth it.

3. Buy a pretty jeweled or ornately beaded cardigan from Anthropologie or someplace nice.

But again, I think it’s great like it is. Incredibly flattering!

Post # 11
70 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2017

@MissGemini:  You look amazing! I love your dress! Who makes it? Sorry, I have no advice.. I think you look perfect!

Post # 12
20 posts
Newbee

You look gorgeous! Personally I love the getle scoop as opposed to the sweetheart, of course that is up to you though if you can get the alterations rushed. Either way, you have nothing to worry about. Stunning! 

I love that belt!!!

Post # 13
39 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I don’t have any real advice for altering your dress (I am the least crafty person ever, I’m super proud that I can reattach buttons to cardigans), but I wanted to chime in with everyone else and say that you look stunning! You will be such a beautiful bride. Try not to get too stressed out about it – I’m sure you will find a solution that works for you, and you don’t need unnecessary stress right now. Call your mom or best friend, and regardless of what you do about the neckline, just remember that you will look perfect on your wedding day 🙂 

Post # 14
461 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

You look amazing and I wouldn’t say it if it was false

Post # 16
3934 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@MissGemini:   For what it’s worth, I think your dress is perfect just the way it is, and yuo look fabuolus in it.  

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors