(Closed) 10 days to go… and I’m freaking out.

posted 6 years ago in Emotional
Post # 4
1697 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

you have a LOT of major stuff going on, my only advice is to take some time to yourself to do something relaxing. It will give you time to calm down, I felt the same way when my Fiance ,moved in and themn we went to a wedding at the church we are getting married at and I had a mild panic attack.

Post # 5
2808 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

*Breathe* We just bought our first house in August, and even though we didn’t get married right afterwards I remember how stressful it can be (moving SUCKS). Once you get your stuff out of the old house and into the new one, you will feel MUCH better even though everything is still in boxes.

Set a list of priorities:

What absolutely needs to get done first?

What will take the longest?

Is there any way you can do some multitasking (ie: making sure there is laundry going WHILE you clean the kitchen…not really wedding related but you get the idea).

Can you delegate anything to someone else? Maybe a friend or family member who can help?

Once you get organized and come up with a game plan you will start to feel better. Just remember not to spazz out if everything doesn’t go exactly according to plan. It will all work out πŸ™‚

Post # 6
418 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Holy crap. I don’t feel so stressed now! Lists. Make lists and ask for help! It’ll all get done. When you move everything, make sure you pack important stuff separate so that you can get to it and find it easy. I can’t imagine! But you’ll make it through…we always do.

Post # 7
415 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

wow, moving and getting married at the same time, what a duo!  i haven’t experienced anything like that, but one thing that always helps me calm down is to remember i can only “control the controllables”.  i.e. when you’re away for the holiday, you might as well just put everything completely out of your mind and relax, since nothing useful will get done anyway.  a mini-vacation might be just the thing you need to refresh and be ready to tackle everything when you get back.  and when you do come back things are bound to be uber-chaotic, so just focus on your most important tasks, delegate as much as you can, and embrace the chaos.  in the end you’ll be married and living in your new house, yay!

Post # 8
962 posts
Busy bee

Take it one day at a time. Make a goal for each day (I am going to move x number of boxes today/or I am going to clear out these two rooms, I am going to do x,y and z other things today also). Accomplish your goal for that day. Just stay in today. If you focus on everything then you will freak out. Also, do you have help. Get as much help as you can afford (movers, wedding coordinators) or enlist volunteers. You need support right now. HUGS

Post # 9
3801 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@jackndiane: such awesome advice! I totally agree.

Good luck, @Grizz:!! You have soo much going on right now, but take a deep breath…you WILL get it ALL done!!! When it’s over, you can collapse in a happy heap and say, I did it!!!

Post # 10
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2007

@jackndiane: Totally agree! If you look at the whole picture it will overwhelm you. Just stick to small/necessary daily tasks…. And try to remember that even though it feels like everything has a deadline of 10 days away, it probably doesn’t. πŸ™‚ It will still be there for you both after your wedding… With the move I mean. πŸ™‚

My advise would be this… πŸ™‚ Enjoy your Thanksgiving completely. Try not to care if nothing gets done… Enlist lots of help to get moved you out of your old place and into your new one by the night of your rehersal dinner….make daily lists to prioritize, and then on the night before your wedding, decide that what’s done is done and what isn’t just isn’t….. lol and decide NOT to care, so that you will completely enjoy your and your FI’s amazing day. Good luck to you!! And congrats on your new home!! πŸ™‚ 

Post # 11
2638 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2006

. . . all good advice but any way you can shorten the four days out of town? Even one extra day could help.

The topic ‘10 days to go… and I’m freaking out.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors