(Closed) 10 days until the wedding…dress debacle!

posted 6 years ago in Emotional
Post # 3
1132 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Man, I’m sorry you’re dealing with this. I would say do your best to find a bolero in a shop that you can try on, make sure it fits and matches with your dress and buy it. That way, if you still aren’t happy with the tulle, you have a back up plan. Maybe google all the bridal stores near you, even places with special occassion departments and call them to see what they have in stock. Good luck!

Post # 4
1736 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Definitely have a back-up plan…I like the department store suggestion above. Don’t stress out!! Stay calm and positive – just plan ahead and it will all turn out ok!

Post # 5
3471 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2012 - The Gables Inn, Santa Rosa, CA

Well, don’t let yourself freak out yet– you’ve still got time, and options! 

Have you been to any of the local plus-sized stores? Many of them carry that kind of thing on a regular basis anyway, and so even if it’s not “bridal” it can still look good. 

On that same note, have you considered another color other than white? Maybe a pale pink or powder blue, not sure what your wedding color are, but finding something that ties into the overall color scheme might be easier than matching whites/ivories. 

I can understand your frustration, and worry– I am making MAJOR changes to my dress (hacking off 1/3 of it from the bottom to make the front tea legnth with a mini-train instead of the semi-cathedral the dress came with, changing the bust/neckline, and adding straps) It was supposed to be ready on 6/21, and I STILL haven’t seen the changes, supposedly it’ll be ready tomorrow… 

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for both of us! 

Post # 8
9 posts
  • Wedding: December 2012

@PilotsGirl56: I think the david’s bridal is the best bet..it stinks it’s 2 hours away but if they have it, it will save you settling for something you aren’t happy in. I like the suggestion someone said about getting the bolero in your accent color it may give you that extra “wow effect”..that all brides look forward to. It would accent the colors you choose and blend everything and noone has to be the wiser that it was other issues that caused the look. Good luck.

Post # 9
684 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

I don’t know why you were told boleros are bad. They cover just enough of things you don’t want people to see but leave the dress itself open. Your range of movement is a bit limited but as a bride you are not going to be doing anything active at the wedding ceremony. You could take it off for dancing if you want to boogy πŸ™‚

My favourite boleros are on Etsy because they are made to your measurements. I doubt you could get in 10 days from Israel. I think it takes about 2 weeks to get to Canada with regular mail. I think you might have better luck locally πŸ™‚ Just smile, it will be OK! πŸ™‚ Hugs

Here is a site in case you want to contact her (pretty much all can be made with longer sleeves): http://www.etsy.com/shop/maryandangelika?section_id=5705909

Post # 11
130 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

It’s nice to hear good news.  Enjoy your day!

The topic ‘10 days until the wedding…dress debacle!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors