10 month old to family wedding?

posted 2 years ago in Babies
  • poll: Should I bring Little one to cousin's wedding?
    Yes, since it's a family wedding : (8 votes)
    44 %
    No, it's not appropriate. : (7 votes)
    39 %
    Other (explain below) : (3 votes)
    17 %
  • Post # 2
    8387 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: April 2013

LadySmurph:  If your cousin invited your son I don’t see a problem with bringing him.

Post # 4
    6963 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2012

If the invite was addressed only to you and your SO, then I would assume your son is not invited. I would call and ask before bringing him.

I’m not sure you should be planning on using her wedding as a photo opportunity though…

Post # 5
    1236 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2014 - San Francisco, CA

LadySmurph:  If he wasn’t included on the envelope, it sounds like he wasn’t actually invited. But she could have just forgotten, or assumed you already knew. I would suggest deferring to the bride: send her an email (so she can respond delicately at her leisure, not put on the spot with a phone call) asking if she thinks it’s appropriate for you to bring a 10-month-old. The answer may be yes, or it may be no. Whatever she says, accept it graciously.

If you do bring him, just be mindful of the other guests and their experience. I was at a wedding once where someone had a fussy little one, so the parents took turns walking the baby up and down the aisle of the church trying to sooth it (jiggling, cooing, shhing, etc.) It was incredibly rude and distracting – the kid should’ve been taken outside or, at the very least, into the foyer. So don’t be that guy lol.

Post # 6
    7188 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: February 2013

I probably wouldn’t bring him. I don’t think weddings are the right atmosphere for babies. I personally wouldn’t bring my 11 month old to a wedding. I’d be way too paranoid she would cry at an inappropriate time.

Post # 7
    8483 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2013

I would call to check since she told you yes he was invited before but he’s not on the invitation.

Post # 8
    2704 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: January 2015

LadySmurph:  I wouldn’t bring him. I’m having a night wedding too. I addressed the enevelope the same way, not including the children. If people ask if they can bring their kids, I say yes, but I’m trying to minimize the amount of kids there. To me, an evening wedding is not kid friendly.

Ultimately, it’s up to you. But, I would find a babysitter for the night.

Post # 9
    3009 posts
    Sugar bee

LadySmurph:  Is he ok if he is overtired? I know my son will party and be pleasant if he’s out and about and entertained. If he’s the kind of kid who falls apart then I would skip it. Also, 10 months is a busy age. My 9 month old screeches and yells and wants to get into everything.

Post # 10
    544 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2014

I would call your cousin and ask to be sure.  

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors