10 months to go, I already don't want to plan anymore!

posted 3 years ago in July 2014
Post # 3
251 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@Tphan:  I was super excited about the planning and then hit a wall like you. Personally, I just decided I would only do serious wedding planning on the weekends and let go of it for a while. I still visit here and pinterest occasionally, but not to do much real research. It really helped just to step back and do something else. Since then, we’ve started doing exciting things to fill our weekends (camping, dinner and game night with friends, seeing a movie) and wedding stuff doesn’t seem to be so stressful anymore!

Post # 4
127 posts
Blushing bee

I’m eight months out and wish this thing would plan itself!

Post # 5
2319 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I hear you on being *done* with the planning. I’ve been there multiple times myself.

Post # 6
5008 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2014

@Tphan:  I feel you! I went on wedding planning overload when we first got engaged (pretty sure FI almost killed me when I kept scheduling our weekends with wedding, wedding, wedding stuff, lol). I had the venue, photographer, officiant, DJ, and transportation all booked within a month.

By the time I got around to doing flowers I just DIDN’T CARE. That not caring got made worse when I saw how expensive flowers were, lol. At this point, we are just relaxing and doing little things- got the hotel block booked, taking engagement photos this weekend, and then going to be sending out STD’s. 

Take a break from it! It’s okay! 

Post # 7
47 posts
Newbee

I got the venue and the dress. That’s it. I just don’t feel like doing anymore right now.  Hopefully I’ll get my second wind really soon or we won’t have a caterer. 

Post # 8
330 posts
Helper bee

@tphan oh my goodness I feel the same way! our weddings are on the same date!! I did a bunch the first 2 months we were engaged and now i’m like ‘oh well I have time I can do it next week.’  I have the venue (which luckily does all the catering), the DJ, the officiant, photographer and videographer, I’ve been really procrastinating on my dress and the centerpieces and ugh the flowers. I think what we are feeling is totally normal (at least I hope so). no worries girls we’ve got this! 

Post # 9
2516 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@Tphan:  +1 million percent….I do not even really care anymore I just want to fast forward to the actual day, marry FI and then start saving for our next house. lol

Post # 10
2063 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Oh gosh I’m so glad I decided to do a courthouse wedding because this was me before I even got engaged and was just thinking about it 

Post # 11
44 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I feel the same exact way!  I haven’t enjoyed it one bit from the very start.  I know our day will be all worth it, though, so I keep on!  Good luck to you!

Post # 12
609 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

I remember hitting that wall. We were engaged in December and I had the dress, reception site, ceremony site, and florist booked by February. I remember saying I am done for now and didn’t even want to look at BM dresses or tuxes or think of centerpieces or invitation designs at all. I ended up not starting up again until May when I picked my MUA and hairstylist then took another break until August to start invites and look at BP clothing. 

Long story short? It’s time to take a break. You’ve accomplished a lot already. You deserve a break. 

Post # 13
1896 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

You have time!  I am in an 8 month engagement and I’m currently on a break from wedding planning.  Nothing urgent pending, but I did seal up DJ, Florist and catering before taking the break. Basically book the vendors, take a break and you don’t have to worry about the details until Feb-March!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors